Explosions in Manchester: Ariana Grande concert, "a number of fatalities"

Started by CountDeMoney, May 22, 2017, 06:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2017, 06:23:43 PM
Brit Languishites, please check in.

How many Languishites in the UK would go to an Ariana Grande concert? And for those that would (garbon?), I doubt they would go to Manchester.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on May 22, 2017, 09:27:32 PM
Conservatives everywhere have to be thrilled with this, now they don't have to deal with the black US Army Lt that was stabbed to death by the Alt-Right White Supremacist.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on May 22, 2017, 09:38:16 PM

How many Languishites in the UK would go to an Ariana Grande concert? And for those that would (garbon?), I doubt they would go to Manchester.

Well my only UK based cousin lives in Manchester, but her children are now too old to be part of that likely audience, so I'm fairly sure they'd not have been hit, though it's slightly concerning as it's a significant travel interchange.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on May 22, 2017, 09:38:16 PM

Why don't you give the autistic sociopath thing a break for a while.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on May 22, 2017, 09:03:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2017, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: Grallon on May 22, 2017, 08:51:03 PM
So how is the latest Muslim massacre doing?

Who said anything about Muslims?  Could've been a Britney Spears fan.

You're being facetious now.  Everyone knows that where there's a pride of murders there are Muslims involved.

G.

That's funny when that Mosque was shot up in Quebec this year I thought you might have done it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2017, 09:08:26 PM
It's a known fact that Spears and Ariana Grande had been fighting a Twitter war as recently as last fall,

You must be watching too much E!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a returning ISIS fighter, we've been warned that several hundred of these will grace our shores with their presence now that their "caliphate" is fucked.

Never heard of Ariana Grande before now, I'm guessing her core audience are 13-year old girls?

Josquius

Well that's... Wow.
Usually stuff on this scale sticks to London. Shocking.
Just have to hope it doesn't feed the idiots on the far right.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Richard Hakluyt

Not bad, better than I expected, pity she didn't get Shatner for that video.

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 23, 2017, 01:22:38 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a returning ISIS fighter, we've been warned that several hundred of these will grace our shores with their presence now that their "caliphate" is fucked.

Never heard of Ariana Grande before now, I'm guessing her core audience are 13-year old girls?

She's pretty regular feature in top 40 pop in the last few years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I have no recollection of any song of hers (although I sure have heard them countless times without registering), but she was pretty funny in SNL a few months back.

Eddie Teach