News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Élection présidentielle française

Started by Zanza, April 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grallon on April 23, 2017, 03:32:37 PM
I couldn't agree more.  It appears a majority of French are fancying more terror attacks, more social dissolution, more economic regression... for fear of... what exactly?

For starters, demographic death spiral and the bankruptcy of the welfare state.

Grallon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2017, 04:29:10 PM

For starters, demographic death spiral and the bankruptcy of the welfare state.

The bankruptcy of the welfare state wouldn't be happening if the wealth created by globalization wasn't captured at its source by a rapacious transnational elite who has no allegiance to anything but its own wallet.

As for the demographic death spiral it could be alleviated through other means than immigration from third world shitholes whose populations are determined to drag the West down to the level of shithole-iness they're accustomed to.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

Quote from: Grallon on April 23, 2017, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 23, 2017, 02:24:47 PM
It's a shame France won't actually elect Le Pen in the run off, she is the only chance France doesn't devolve into a Sheikdom. I don't pretend that her Presidency would be pleasant or enjoyable for many, but neither is cauterizing a wound, but it is sometimes necessary.

I couldn't agree more.  It appears a majority of French are fancying more terror attacks, more social dissolution, more economic regression... for fear of... what exactly?

Becoming a Putinist puppet state. You know, like America did.

citizen k

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2017, 04:13:09 PM
Does France need its own Tony Blair? :unsure:

Are Blairists  really popular now?  He always seemed to be a globalist neoliberal and not a populist.  :bowler:

mongers

Quote from: citizen k on April 23, 2017, 05:32:06 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2017, 04:13:09 PM
Does France need its own Tony Blair? :unsure:

Are Blairists  really popular now?  He always seemed to be a globalist neoliberal and not a populist.  :bowler:

The later cloaked the former.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Solmyr on April 23, 2017, 04:47:06 PM
Becoming a Putinist puppet state. You know, like America did.

Ain't that the truth.  I wonder, though:  how much of Trump's wink-wink endorsement of Le Pen is going to backfire with the not-so-wink-wink French disdain for America?

Grinning_Colossus

Apropos of nothing, this is the current Bourbon claimant, Louis XX:

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

After about five bourbons, I'm sure you wouldn't.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

It'll be 60-62% Macron in two weeks.

We'll be fine, renowned Gallic experts Otto and Grallon notwithstanding. Bring youth unemployment down to around 15% and watch all of France's "problems with muslims" disappear.

It's not rocket science.

CountDeMoney

Zoupa

Harsh toke, bubba, harsh toke.

I do believe I might have more insight into my countrymen than yours though.

Richard Hakluyt

He will have a difficult task ahead of him. The vote was 30% for continuity and 70% for change. Of course he may be the Messiah, but I doubt it.

Monoriu

I remember there was a time when another Le Pen unexpectedly entered the second stage of the presidential election, and there was general outrage.  Now it is perfectly normal for a far right candidate to do so.  If conditions don't change, I think it is only a matter of time before people decide to give the far right a chance.