And we're back!

Main Menu

Élection présidentielle française

Started by Zanza, April 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on April 23, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2017, 10:40:17 AM

Hmm, where have I heard something similar?  I wonder how it worked for them...

Please no references to nazism - that's ridiculous.

G.

Says the guy with the statue symbolizing the Nazi party in his avatar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 23, 2017, 09:23:04 AM
PS: Crazy Ivan did not mention the one thing that unites Le Pen and Mélenchon: their love of Putin.  :D

I wagered the forum either already knew or could infer their Putin-sucking-attitude. anti-eu usually equals sucking Putin's cock.

Zanza

So it will be Macron vs Le Pen in the second round.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on April 23, 2017, 01:21:18 PM

That should be good for Macron. But then again, Trump was supposed to be the best candidate for Clinton.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Zanza on April 23, 2017, 01:21:18 PM

Some people were predicting Melenchon vs Le Pen. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Drakken

And now the predictable roundabout from every defeated party to call for a Republican Front to vote against Le Pen, just like in 2002.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on April 23, 2017, 01:33:56 PM
And now the predictable roundabout from every defeated party to call for a Republican Front to vote against Le Pen, just like in 2002.

:yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on April 23, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

At least Chirac was immensely experienced - and Jean-Marie Le Pen was loathsome.

Little Manu is not even 40 years old, has not even been elected once, is as much part of the 'system' as the others, and is 'Mouvement EM' has not even a MNA. And Marine is not her father, she has successfully broadened her support to make FN 'palatable'.

What I am afraid is that all these calls to vote Macron on the 2nd Turn will backfire - because they have all seen it before, and because those who call for it are all, themselves, from the Establishment. This election puts in the light how much fed up the electors are with all this.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on April 23, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 23, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

At least Chirac was immensely experienced - and Jean-Marie Le Pen was loathsome.

Little Manu is not even 40 years old, has not even been elected once, is as much part of the 'system' as the others, and is 'Mouvement EM' has not even a MNA. And Marine is not her father, she has successfully broadened her support to make FN 'palatable'.

Young people are the worst!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

It's a shame France won't actually elect Le Pen in the run off, she is the only chance France doesn't devolve into a Sheikdom. I don't pretend that her Presidency would be pleasant or enjoyable for many, but neither is cauterizing a wound, but it is sometimes necessary.

Grallon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 23, 2017, 02:24:47 PM
It's a shame France won't actually elect Le Pen in the run off, she is the only chance France doesn't devolve into a Sheikdom. I don't pretend that her Presidency would be pleasant or enjoyable for many, but neither is cauterizing a wound, but it is sometimes necessary.

I couldn't agree more.  It appears a majority of French are fancying more terror attacks, more social dissolution, more economic regression... for fear of... what exactly?

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 23, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2017, 10:40:17 AM

Hmm, where have I heard something similar?  I wonder how it worked for them...

Please no references to nazism - that's ridiculous.

G.
America first wasn't a nazi rallying cry...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"