News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Élection présidentielle française

Started by Zanza, April 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Today is the first round of the French presidential election. :frog:

No candidate will win 50%, so there will be a run-off between the two top candidates in two weeks. The top four candidates are within the margin of error for polls.

EDIT: Hmm, Mélenchon's photo doesn't show:

Monoriu

Macron.  My only interest is to avoid a Le Pen presidency, which will probably spell the end of the EU and the Euro.  Macron represents the best chance to stop her. 

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on April 23, 2017, 04:23:53 AM
Macron.  My only interest is to avoid a Le Pen presidency, which will probably spell the end of the EU and the Euro.  Macron represents the best chance to stop her.

Thank you, Mr. Glass Ceiling.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

It would be Macron, but he seems to be the establishment candidate to me. Given that the majority of the electorate seem to be thoroughly pissed off with the establishment his election might just lead to even greater problems in 5 years time  :hmm:

Crazy_Ivan80

if it becomes Macron or Le Pen: one has to wonder how they'll bring about anything from their program.

Iirc, the president still needs parliament for a lot of things:
No one will work with Le Pen (and she -at the moment, parliamentary elections are still a few weeks away-) has barely any MPs.
Macron doesn't even have an established party and would have to find support elsewhere. Iirc he got a significant amount of support from the left but is more of the same really what the French need?

Fillon: recent scandals didn't improve his chances
Melenchon: a communist with a program that is so left-wing it is insane. Equally against the EU too iirc. Similar to Le Pen but with more immigrants instead of less.

France is, I think, fucked. Again.

CountDeMoney

Duque de Bragança

Zanza forgot or omitted the small candidates. :( :frog:

PS: Crazy Ivan did not mention the one thing that unites Le Pen and Mélenchon: their love of Putin.  :D

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 23, 2017, 04:40:13 AM
It would be Macron, but he seems to be the establishment candidate to me. Given that the majority of the electorate seem to be thoroughly pissed off with the establishment his election might just lead to even greater problems in 5 years time  :hmm:

Macron with his pro mass immigration stance could help Marine in 2022. He went to Berlin to congratulate Merkel for her disastrous immigration policy.
OTOH, even having a majority will be difficult since since he never ran for office and has no real party behind him unless the PS collapses totally, which could happen.

Duque de Bragança

Cheminade is the Lyndon LaRouche candidate, conspiracy-minded but pro Moon and Mars colonisation despite mentioning Star Wars technology as old and some character called "arry Skywalker, as seen on Jon Oliver's show. Video games are also to blame for terrorism, not islamism. He ran for the first time in 1995, and was already seen as a joke.

Asselineau is anti-NATO and anti-EU, moreso than both Le Pen and Mélenchon. Conspiracy-minded. Otherwise, very PC. ;)

Lassalle is the shepherd candidate, hinterland France vibe, a bit difficult to understand, but sympathetic.

Dupont-Aignan is the only non-crazy sovereignist candidate but too pro-Putin for my taste.

Poutou is the only worker/prole in the race, a trade union leader, but he is a PC trotskyite, finding excuses for terrorists "if cops were not armed maybe they would not have been shot".

Arthaud is the other trotskyite, the only one claiming to be a communist, but without charisma. An economics teacher.  :D

Jadot, mentioned in the graph, does not participate.

Grallon

Hopefully Marine wins otherwise France will continue its slow descent into disintegration.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 23, 2017, 09:56:58 AM
Hopefully Marine wins otherwise France will continue its slow descent into disintegration.
La France d'abord!

Hmm, where have I heard something similar?  I wonder how it worked for them...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ancient Demon

I kind of prefer Filion, scandal ridden as he may be. Macron will probably win though.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josquius

I've no idea of the policies of the two moderates. But either of them over Le Pen. The far left guy also seems not too great with his euroskepticism
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2017, 10:40:17 AM

Hmm, where have I heard something similar?  I wonder how it worked for them...

Please no references to nazism - that's ridiculous.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel