News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Has nothing to do with ND sucking, I'm sure.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

That is okay. When Marty hears how much ND sucks, I'm sure he will take CdM's spot in the bandwagon.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 02:09:44 PM

I can handle the suckage. Remember, I was once a Browns fan.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2017, 02:14:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 02:09:44 PM

I can handle the suckage. Remember, I was once a Browns fan.

You have as bad taste in random cities as Benedict Arnold.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

So I've just recently realized (thanks to Facebook) that when you go to the beach, you have to hang flags from your favorite college football teams somewhere on the beach house.  Never quite realized that is a thing.  Maybe it's regional?  Or I just have too many redneck friends?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

derspiess

I have neither a WVU flag nor a Delaware flag :(

Also noticed that my Marshall fan friends will proudly put up a Marshall flag on their beach house, but also include a flag of their favorite Power 5 conference team.  Because I guess you gotta have a team to follow when Marshall is getting stomped by North Texas.

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 04:18:44 PM
I have neither a WVU flag nor a Delaware flag :(

Also noticed that my Marshall fan friends will proudly put up a Marshall flag on their beach house, but also include a flag of their favorite Power 5 conference team.  Because I guess you gotta have a team to follow when Marshall is getting stomped by North Texas.

Well, that is better than someone that went to Marshall but won't put up a Marshall flag at all.   :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 04:13:00 PM
So I've just recently realized (thanks to Facebook) that when you go to the beach, you have to hang flags from your favorite college football teams somewhere on the beach house.  Never quite realized that is a thing.  Maybe it's regional?  Or I just have too many redneck friends?

Oh, it's a thing, alright.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 12:35:00 PM
Well you will always have Towson.

Seedy and I have to wait til late October to start trash talking about Delaware-Towson, the ultimate CAA grudge match.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2017, 10:54:06 AM

Seedy and I have to wait til late October to start trash talking about Delaware-Towson, the ultimate CAA grudge match.

Bluehens versus Tigers:  When on-campus parking gets real

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2017, 10:54:06 AM

Did Delaware offer you in-state rates?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Ten Suspensions at Florida including a couple of their stars.  I certainly hope Michigan can pull off this first game.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

grumbler

Quote from: Savonarola on August 31, 2017, 12:58:47 PM
Ten Suspensions at Florida including a couple of their stars.  I certainly hope Michigan can pull off this first game.

Michigan definitely had the edge before the suspensions, but now Florida is playing with house money.  This puts all the pressure on Michigan, which isn't ideal given the youth of the team.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Wyoming opens play against Iowa in Iowa City.  With a little luck, some good game planning, and steady hard-nosed play I think the Cowboys can pull off the surprise moral victory.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM