And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: PDH on May 04, 2017, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 04, 2017, 08:23:42 PM
Wyoming: Not on Nevada's schedule again.

One of these days I'm getting Peedy to Reno. Maybe next year.

Oh when they play in Reno next time I'm there.  I'll drive up Friday, pick up Seedy and Ed at the airport, and the four of us can run amok in Reno.
<_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2017, 08:51:00 PM

Oh when they play in Reno next time I'm there.  I'll drive up Friday, pick up Seedy and Ed at the airport, and the four of us can run amok in Reno.
<_<

I will need a body servant.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2017, 08:54:21 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2017, 08:51:00 PM

<_<

I will need a body servant.

He said he was going to pick up Seedy as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I want Katmai to wipe my ass

katmai

You boys have fun in Reno.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2017, 09:36:40 PM
You boys have fun in Reno.

Oh no. I'm going to buy you in the Trump Hispanic  slave market. I'm Crassus and you are Tony Curtis.

PDH

So the Wyoming QB (a redshirt junior) is being touted as a top-3 pick for the NFL next year.  Color me skeptical, but it would be nice if he actually does have a wonderful season and Wyoming wins 10 games.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on May 07, 2017, 05:11:39 PM
So the Wyoming QB (a redshirt junior) is being touted as a top-3 pick for the NFL next year.  Color me skeptical, but it would be nice if he actually does have a wonderful season and Wyoming wins 10 games.

It's always great to see these two-star kids exceed expectations.  I looked him up and he looks good, and will make better decisions with more experience.  I hope he does Wyoming proud.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Texas shows its solidarity with the University of Houston.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/article/Hurricane-Harvey-forces-Cougars-to-shift-football-11959648.php

QuoteHurricane Harvey forces Cougars to shift football operations to Austin

By Joseph Duarte August 25, 2017 Updated: August 25, 2017

AUSTIN - The University of Houston is relocating its football operations to Central Texas in advance of Hurricane Harvey.

Hunter Yurachek, UH's vice president of intercollegiate athletics, said the Cougars plan use the practice facilities at the University of Texas at least through the weekend and possibly into early next week. UH is scheduled to open the season Sept. 2 at Texas-San Antonio.

"(Thursday) as it became apparent that Harvey was going to have a significant impact throughout the weekend and early into next week, we reached out to schools within the state of Texas that we have great relationships with, and inquired about the opportunity for our football program to practice and use their facilities as we are relocating outside of Houston," Yurachek said.

Yurachek said UH received offers from Baylor, SMU and TCU to use their facilities. Due to available hotel accommodations and proximity of the schools, UH opted to move to Austin.

"I called (UT athletics director ) Mike Perrin, and without hesitation Mike said 'absolutely. We'd be glad to help. Let me run it up the chain of command here at Texas. I don't foresee that being a problem.' And within 10 minutes he called and said 'we'll make it happen.'

"Mike is a Houstonian. I think he thinks a lot about what we're doing, and understands the importance of us working together as state schools in a time where our area is getting hit pretty hard."

Hurricane Harvey is expected to make landfall early Saturday along the southeast Texas coast as a Category 3 hurricane with wind gusts of at least 111 miles per hour. The storm is expected to deliver torrential rain for several days, with some weather forecast projecting at least 20 inches of rain for the Houston area.

"Just keeping everybody in our thoughts and prayers," Yurachek said, "and hope that everybody is safe and does not take unnecessary risks and listens to all the advice we're getting from the emergency management teams across the city of Houston and the state of Texas and heeds those warnings."

UH will practice Saturday and Sunday and will return to Houston as soon as possible.

"We are grateful to the University of Texas and its football program for opening their doors to us," UH coach Major Applewhite said in a statement. "We are also thankful to the other programs from across the state of Texas that offered shelter to our program during this time. We are hopeful for the best in Houston but are preparing for every situation. We ask everyone to keep the city of Houston, all affected areas across the Gulf Coast and its residents in their thoughts and prayers."

Welcome back Major Applewhite!  :punk:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

So, who else is tempted to hope that Ole Miss wins the SEC this year?  Now that the veil has been torn, and we can see that Ole Miss is absolutely as corrupt as we think the whole SEC is (bar Vandy and probably Alabama), wouldn't it be poetic justice that they use their last season before the hammer comes down to demonstrate the SEC principal that, "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?"

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

You're free to hope that, just as I hope Wisconsin and Sparty beat Michigan by three touchdowns.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 27, 2017, 12:24:10 PM
You're free to hope that, just as I hope Wisconsin and Sparty beat Michigan by three touchdowns.

:huh:  Did you even read the question before you decided to go full troll?

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Fuck Ole Miss, fuck the SEC west, and fuck the pretense your post wasn't a troll first.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 27, 2017, 01:05:31 PM
Fuck Ole Miss, fuck the SEC west, and fuck the pretense your post wasn't a troll first.

:lol: Did you just learn the word "fuck?"  Generally, only chiefs and people new to the word go for it three times in one sentence.

But I can agree with the sentiment "fuck the SEC."  And fuck Notre Dame, while we are at it. :thumbsup:

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Can't help playing word games, can you.