Random crash of USB sound devices

Started by Syt, April 06, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I've had it for a while now that my USB headset would randomly crash. It would go silent, with random chopped off sound in between. Disconnecting/reconnecting would solve the issue.

I've switched up the USB connections now. The headset is now fine, but my microphone, connected to an different USB port, and not having changed in between, now does the crashing bysuddenly going to extremely loud static, which sucks when recording/streaming, because you usually don't notice immediately. Disconnecting/reconnecting solves it again for a while.

All this is extremely random. Sometimes it'll be fine for hours. It seems to happen more with some games than others, but I haven't been able to pinpoint what the cause is and it's driving me nuts.

Anyone got any ideas?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Are you using WASAPI or ASIO drivers?
Experience bij!

Syt

I have no idea. :)

I figured out the problem. Apparently the devices don't like being connected to USB3 ports.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.