First big "holy shit" moment of the Trump presidency?

Started by Jacob, March 22, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the next big gamechanger for the Trump administration.

The US will a nice big bloody expensive war somewhere high profile.
3 (10.3%)
Some kind of Erdoganist/ Putinesque mangling of institutions, breaking democratic norms in permanent way.
2 (6.9%)
Significant economic crisis.
1 (3.4%)
Fumbling of a deadly natural disaster or health emergency on a national scale.
3 (10.3%)
Permanent major shift in international alignment - i.e. US withdrawing from the UN, seriously undermining or disbanding NATO et. al.
2 (6.9%)
Clear and incontrovertible proof of the Russian direct influence on Trump and senior administration.
6 (20.7%)
Large scale civil unrest - riots etc.
0 (0%)
A face turn - Trump does something competent that makes many of his critics accept that he's up to the job after all.
2 (6.9%)
Lurid personal scandal - clear evidence of Trump involved in incest, f. ex., or evidence of major corruption and abuse of power that makes even many of his supporters think he's gone too far.
1 (3.4%)
Breakdown of GOP discipline with the House and/or Senate openly hostile to and actively obstructing and investigating the Trump administration.
3 (10.3%)
A significant strike against the US, causing a major "rally around the president" effect.
0 (0%)
Something else (feel free to elaborate in a post)
0 (0%)
There won't be one. This is the new normal and the US will trundle along as is until another election changes the landscape.
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Jacob

The Trump administration has generated a lot of noise so far, with a bit of action too but perhaps less than it would have liked.

Do you reckon there'll be a major "holy shit" moment before elections (whichever ones) change the political landscape? If so, what do you think it'll be?

Maladict

A face turn would be the only "holy shit moment". Any of the others should not come as a surprise.

alfred russel

Large scale civil unrest is probably the one that would benefit Trump.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: Maladict on March 22, 2017, 03:42:07 PM
A face turn would be the only "holy shit moment". Any of the others should not come as a surprise.

I meant "holy shit" as in "it actually happened, and it's a big deal" rather than "whoa, what a suprise".

If Trump bails on NATO it may not be a total surprise, but it still would be a major change in the world.

CountDeMoney

The only "holy shit" moments you're going to notice is the "Holy shit, why aren't any of the cars running?" and "Holy shit, was that bright flash of light what I think it was?"

Admiral Yi

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2017, 04:06:33 PM
The only "holy shit" moments you're going to notice is the "Holy shit, why aren't any of the cars running?" and "Holy shit, was that bright flash of light what I think it was?"

:lol:

:(

The Larch

Would trying to do a permanent shift but getting blocked at some point count?

jimmy olsen

When I woke up and saw this thread I had a more than a bit of trepidation. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

His hardcore supporters won't budge on anything less than a nuclear war.  It's always "FAKE NEWS".  I'm so fucking tired of that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

I don't know if anything can beat the moment he actually won the election.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

Eddie Teach

When he has Russian hookers pee on him live on national television.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

When while tweeting on the shitter at 3am, he inadvertently activates the camera function and captures a picture of his turd in a toilet?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall