News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 World Baseball Classic

Started by dps, March 10, 2017, 10:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Anybody else watching this?  Some good games and some unexpected results so far.

MadBurgerMaker

I didn't know this was on, but I'll watch now.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Yeah, as I said, some unexpected results.

Grey Fox

Don't have the required Sport channel to watch it here but I would if that was more affordable.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

This happens every WBC (so what - 3 times before?) - I don't actually know about it until after it starts.  They play some interesting baseball, but too quickly the whole thing is over.

They nee to promote this thing a little bit better.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sophie Scholl

Heck of a game between The Netherlands and Puerto Rico.  I'm looking forward to USA/Japan and the championship game.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

So my PR friends are always complaining that the rest of the country gets confused as to whether they're Americans or foreigners.  But it doesn't help the confusion when they field national teams in international competitions.

Anyway, great game so far.  For the US.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Do you tell them they have more important things to worry about, like ironing out those accents because their greasy flammable asses will be on a ICE flight halfway to Montevideo before it's all figured out?  Do you tell them that?

derspiess

Forgot to-- damn.  We'll probably have a big cookout in a few weeks.  I'll bring it up then.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

You're so full of shit. You would never have an open flame near that many greasers.

derspiess

Not only that, there's usually fireworks.

CountDeMoney

David DeJesus H. Christ, man.   That's just asking for it.