News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2017

Started by jimmy olsen, March 09, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

What a tragic story. Man this thread has been a downer recently.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote10h
Fake SportsCenter‏ @FakeSportsCentr
Falcons: Best choke of the year

Aaron Hernandez: Hold my beer
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

QuoteTom Tebow‏ @IamEvilTebow 11h

Aaron Hernandez sure found a good excuse for getting out of meeting Trump at the White House today.

MadBurgerMaker

Schedules are out.  Houston's:

Jags
@Bengals (Thursday)
@Patriots
Titans
Chiefs
Browns
Bye
@Seahawks
Colts
@Rams
Cardinals
@Ravens (Monday)
@Titans
49ers
@Jags
Steelers (Monday)
@Colts

Ed Anger

Texans QB is: Rosencopter II:Electric Bugaloo
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Please.  :rolleyes:  Tom Savage will get hurt way before he gets a chance to attempt flight.

jimmy olsen

Pats look like they have a pretty tough schedule, but you never know how it will turn out.

Fri, Sep 8 vs Chiefs  9:30 AM
Mon, Sep 18 @ Saints  2:00 AM
Mon, Sep 25 vs Texans  2:00 AM
Mon, Oct 2 vs Panthers 2:00 AM
Fri, Oct 6 @ Buccaneers 9:25 AM
Mon, Oct 16 @ Jets 2:00 AM
Mon, Oct 23 vs Falcons 9:30 AM
Mon, Oct 30 vs Chargers 2:00 AM
Mon, Nov 13 @ Broncos 10:30 AM
Mon, Nov 20 vs Raiders 6:25 AM
Mon, Nov 27 vs Dolphins 3:00 AM
Mon, Dec 4 @ Bills 3:00 AM
Mon Dec 11 @ Dolphins 8:30 pm
Sun Dec 17 @ Steelers  4:25 pm   
Sun Dec 24 vs Bills 1:00 pm
Sun Dec 31 vs Jets 1:00 pm

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2017, 09:32:56 AM
What a tragic story. Man this thread has been a downer recently.

Here's something for you, Val.  David Quessenberry broke the bell over at MD Anderson after completing chemo:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19157957/houston-texans-ol-david-quessenberry-breaks-victory-bell-chemo

grumbler

Interesting piece by Ryan Leaf (better for those who remember him than those who don't) at The Player's Tribune: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ryan-leaf-nfl-letter-to-my-younger-self/

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2017, 03:56:42 PM
Interesting piece by Ryan Leaf (better for those who remember him than those who don't) at The Player's Tribune: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ryan-leaf-nfl-letter-to-my-younger-self/

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

I wonder to what extent those Players Tribune articles really are self-written, vs ghost-written, because they're usually all very well done.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2017, 04:09:51 PM
Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

I wonder to what extent those Players Tribune articles really are self-written, vs ghost-written, because they're usually all very well done.
the stories are edited (some lightly, some moderately) but all the players I've seen comment on the system claim that it is their own authentic voice, with just error-correction (which I suspect includes vocabulary improvement). So: mostly authentic is my judgement.

There have been a number of Michigan football and basketball players who stories have been published (because the founder of the site, Derek Jeter, is a former wolverine and still hangs around the program on occasion), so I hear feedback from them on Michigan blogs.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Texans draft picks:

1- Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
2- Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vandy
3 - D'Onta Foreman, RB, Horns
4 - Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
4 - Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
5 - Treston Decoud, S, Oregon State
7 - Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor

The Watson and Watkins picks came from the two trades with the Browns.  No picks until the 3rd round next year.

Liep

A Dane in the NFL!! :w00t:

Hasn't happened since Morten Andersen and it's not a kicker but an offensive lineman. Andreas Knappe signed for the falcons.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2017, 03:56:42 PM

That's cool.

I've always hated Leaf. When he was at WSU, it was fun to hate him because he was a punk. Super-man punk, but still a punk.

When he was all hyped up, I predicted that he would be a bust, because he doesn't fit in with what I am convinced is the mold for an excellent NFL QB, and I was right. So that made it even easier to despise the guy. And he sure made it easy.

Great article. I like an article that makes me re-evaluate something like that...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I would've drafted Leaf over Peyton Manning. Which is why I'm not a GM.  :lol: