Main Menu

NFL 2017

Started by jimmy olsen, March 09, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

The Heaps lived a few blocks away from me when they were in town, saw them often.  That whole family moved as a unit.  So horrible.

dps

Accidentally killing your own child would have to be about the worst thing that could ever happen to a person.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

League decided against doing video on the Surface tablets this year.  Still haven't figured out a way to reliably push HD video out to 16 devices simultaneously without bottlenecks (it's a lot trickier than you might think).  So we're continuing with just still images.  Two or three years ago we thought paper pictures might be gone by now, but certain coaches have spoken up loudly enough that they are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That's a shitload of video to push down the pipe.  I was thinking maybe live streaming could work, but how do you freeze frames, coaches' clicker, rotate views, etc?  Gotta be a wireless bandwidth nightmare.

At least black and white with zip lines, you're only worrying about the same shit they worried about in 1981:  wind and rain.  Old school is the best school when it comes to reliability.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2017, 11:08:52 PM
That's a shitload of video to push down the pipe.  I was thinking maybe live streaming could work, but how do you freeze frames, coaches' clicker, rotate views, etc?  Gotta be a wireless bandwidth nightmare.

It sort of works if you hook the devices up via a USB ethernet adapter.  But then it becomes a logistical nightmare to move the tablets back and forth.  For wifi, sometimes it's a stretch just to get still images out to all the devices without much delay.  We figured that three NFL players-- sometimes just two-- can effectively block a wifi signal if they are standing between the tablet and the antenna.

QuoteAt least black and white with zip lines, you're only worrying about the same shit they worried about in 1981:  wind and rain.  Old school is the best school when it comes to reliability.

Yep.  I'm not aware of any team that has totally stopped using paper pictures on the sideline.  But several have stopped using them in the coaches booth-- we set up tablets on the countertop in front of them-- all hardwired and plugged into a constant power source, so no wifi or power issues.  Plus I guess that is where a lot of the younger, more tech-forward coaches tend to be.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Aaron died doing what he loved, killing people.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

With that hang time, he could've been a punter
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2017, 08:15:17 AM
With that hang time, he could've been a punter
Damn, and I thought I was being brutal.

I bow to the king. :worthy:

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2017, 06:06:12 AM
Aaron died doing what he loved, killing people.

We are all a product of our environment. Hernandez played college ball with the Florida Gators, then he joined the Patriots. With influences such as those, I assume his parents must have been saints, because otherwise I would have expected him to kill a lot more people.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

If only he had been a part of the wholesome Miami program :(