News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2017

Started by jimmy olsen, March 09, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

So, apparently Cam Newton is going to have surgery on March 30 for a partially torn rotator cuff that he hurt in the 14th game last season.  He and the team had hoped that rest would fix it and surgery wouldn't be necessary, but he wasn't progressing the way he should have.  All well and good, but if he hurt his shoulder in game 14 with the Panthers already out of the playoffs, why on earth did they play him in games 15 and 16?

Sophie Scholl

Very, very unhappy with the Raiders move. :bleeding:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

I expect the cheerleaders to be spectacular.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
I expect the cheerleaders to be spectacular.
Ok, so there is one plus.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 28, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Buck up, lil' camper.  I expect them to be back in Oakland inside 10 years.

Sophie Scholl

"Let's leave an up and coming market with a very devoted fanbase for a stagnant market filled with service industry workers and temporary visitors!"  Idiots.  Always trying to follow the dollar.  I'm sorely tempted to move the Browns into the top slot of my NFL fandom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 28, 2017, 07:00:32 PM
I'm sorely tempted to move the Browns into the top slot of my NFL fandom.

:bleeding:

"I'm tired of slamming my hand in the car door.  Let's try my dick!"

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 07:01:55 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 28, 2017, 07:00:32 PM
I'm sorely tempted to move the Browns into the top slot of my NFL fandom.

:bleeding:

"I'm tired of slamming my hand in the car door.  Let's try my dick!"
:lol:  I actually really like the moves they've made of late.  They needed a total demolition and rebuild to be a competitive team.  The Raiders did pretty much the same thing and it has worked out pretty well for them.  Better than something like the Bills keep doing with just layering on band-aids to a patient who is bleeding out.  They'll be out of the playoffs for another 17 years with their management philosophy.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 06:55:24 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 28, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Buck up, lil' camper.  I expect them to be back in Oakland inside 10 years.

That was my first thought.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2017, 07:58:12 PM
That was my first thought.

And FWIW I think the Chargers will eventually be back in San Diego.

Valmy

It is just the NFL burning bridges. For all their fanaticism to maintain the image of the league they sure let the owners alienate their fanbases.

The league is already pretty boring. Them allowing the Chargers and Raiders to do this shit does not help my interest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

It's their fascination with TV markets in a profit-sharing plan.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

:lol: It's Chucky, Special Education version.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2017, 10:15:35 AM
It is just the NFL burning bridges. For all their fanaticism to maintain the image of the league they sure let the owners alienate their fanbases.

The league is already pretty boring. Them allowing the Chargers and Raiders to do this shit does not help my interest.

But that's it - they don't burn bridges.  Look at how Oakland welcomed back the Raiders after they left, and at how LA welcomed back the Rams after they left.  They do this shit because they know they can get away with it.

Reading plans for the LV Stadium - it's going to cost almost $2 billion dollars, all publicly financed.  The most expensive stadium in the league, one of the most expensive stadiums in any sport across the world.  All in a metro area that ranks 29th in size in the US.

It's insane.  The Raiders aren't going to leave in 10 years though - it's a 30 year lease.  Unless of course they can pull out a technicality like the Rams did in St Louis.  And since the Raiders have never played 30 years in a single location, you kind of think they will find something...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.