Paradox teasing new game. Victoria 3 seems likely.

Started by Solmyr, March 01, 2017, 08:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2018, 01:06:19 PM
Victoria :bleeding:

Victoria II was fun, but I really don't get the excitement. The game and its predecessor are hopelessly broken because of Paradox's refusal to abstract certain systems.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I love Victoria.
The only problem with it is the 19th century world is quite limited in terms of diversity, there's only a handful of nations worth playing and most games are pretty similar with the uber UK being quite dominant.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

KRonn

Interesting, I like the Victoria games and it would be fun to see a next version. I like the economic, building aspect of the game the most.

Josquius

What could be cooler than the industrial revolution? :hmm:
The agricultural revolution?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

It's time they announced a new game instead of 1000000 DLCs. Stellaris/HOI4 will soon be 2 years old.

dps

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on February 16, 2018, 08:36:26 PM

Jesus, he looks old now.

More hair than the last time I saw him, since he had a shaved head, but grey now.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011