Paradox teasing new game. Victoria 3 seems likely.

Started by Solmyr, March 01, 2017, 08:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/france-serbia-prussia-russia-ukraine-sweden-is-op.1002299/

QuoteAfter reading all the information available on this new game, I think I speak for many in the community when I express my concerns at how strong France appears.

Clearly, in the period of the game Russia were a potent force able to project power across the globe. However, it is also clear that in this period Denmark lost many of the vestiges of her empire, and was reduced to being a pawn between competing great powers.

In his seminal book 'The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers', Paul Kennedy provides amble evidence that the economic growth of the United States had propelled it to among the first tier nations by the late 19th century.

By making the Ukraine such a region of plenty, Paradox shows its clear euro-centrism.

Please Paradox, nerf Sweden.

Also, the forum is called "It's a Secret". Victoria's Secret?

Syt

I want a CK2 like character driven game about ancient Greece/Rome. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on March 01, 2017, 08:32:18 AM
I want a CK2 like character driven game about ancient Greece/Rome. :(

A really good ancient game would also be my preference.

Habbaku

I really hope Victoria 3 isn't their next game.  Ancients that isn't terrible would be really nice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

The timeframe for Victoria annoys me. 1815-1920 makes more sense than 1836-1920, and any expansions should push back the beginning rather than extending the end.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

I don't think the WWI period even belongs on the end of Victoria.  They've proven time and again that they can't handle all the mobile, quick wars of the period with the same system that they try to handle WWI. 

Either they need to lop off the end of the period (maybe end at 1905? 1913?) or have the combat system change completely by the WWI era, because their current method of trying to tack it on near the end-game is atrocious.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on March 01, 2017, 10:02:45 PM
I don't think the WWI period even belongs on the end of Victoria.  They've proven time and again that they can't handle all the mobile, quick wars of the period with the same system that they try to handle WWI. 

Either they need to lop off the end of the period (maybe end at 1905? 1913?) or have the combat system change completely by the WWI era, because their current method of trying to tack it on near the end-game is atrocious.

If you're going to lop off WWI, you might as well make an age of imperialism themed game running from 1754-1898
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Maybe Victoria extended back to cover the enlightenment too? Or at least the napoleonics.
That period doesn't quite work with EU.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Huh. It was originally in a separate forum, but is now in the Steel Division one. So apparently it referred to that game. :huh:

I would eventually like both an ancient game (with a CK2-style engine) and a Victoria 3 (with an EU4/HOI4-style engine).

Josquius

I notice Victoria 2 is going cheap right now.

Another clue for Vic 3?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

If it is a rehash of Vic II with an update then meh.  But if theyvcreate a different method/engine then I would be a lot more interested.  Probably option a if it is Vic III though.

Habbaku

You guys necroed a thread from a year ago to post...no new information.

The original forum thread linked was locked a long time ago. I don't think Paradox is all that interested in Victoria III any time soon.

Hell, judging by their "upcoming games" listings, they only seem interested in releasing new DLC.  :mad:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.