Trump advisers' space plan: To moon, Mars and beyond

Started by jimmy olsen, February 21, 2017, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
Remember when you are in suspended animation in a 235 trillion mile trip to the TRAPPIST-1 colonies
40 light years make it sound so much closer... :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2017, 06:33:21 PM
pragmatists caring about trade deals killed space exploration for decades
yeah, sure, it's not like scientific research at NASA costs money after all, and anyway, money is everywhere, no need to get richer and increase state's revenues to fund space program.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

shuttle orbit speed is 18k mph. we've figured out how to go 200k mph. if we science it some more and reach 1 million mph, we can get there in around 2684 years. science that down so much that you get 100 years and we'll be traveling there the time we figure out how to do it. really, we need more mega computers I think to figure out the physics

LaCroix

Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 07:44:19 PMyeah, sure, it's not like scientific research at NASA costs money after all, and anyway, money is everywhere, no need to get richer and increase state's revenues to fund space program.

could you reword your post plz

jimmy olsen

Watching the NASA press conference, at 4:20 they say one of the planets in the habitable zone has strong signs of being water rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB4acbZyFBw
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on February 22, 2017, 09:02:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 22, 2017, 09:00:12 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 22, 2017, 08:59:06 PM
Why aren't you talking about http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/world/new-exoplanets-discovery-nasa/index.html

Tim
:mad:

What did you think my last two post were about?

3 are in the zone, not 1

Yes, but so far, only
Quoteone of the planets in the habitable zone has strong signs of being water rich.

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on February 22, 2017, 09:08:51 PM
Narrow view IMO.

Well, that's just what they have now. They will be doing much more in depth studies of the system with the Spitzer, Hubble and upcoming James Webb space telescopes.

At the 32:23 mark they say their working hypothesis is that these planets formed further out and migrated inward before their orbits stabilized. That means they formed in a very ice rich area, and should be water rich. They just don't know yet.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Ok. So we need gravity, composition of the atmosphere, and water content. Get on that space researchers.

BTW did some Walloon, Michael Gillon, find this thing? Was the Euro Space guys or was it NASA? Or some combination of the two?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 11:14:17 PM
And at least two tree tiles and two sheep tiles.

Settlers of Trappist-1. I would play it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."