News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2017 Season Thread

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 23, 2017, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
I know. This is pretty much an all-NL World Series.

Uh, I'm disagreeing with you dude.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2017, 11:41:28 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
I know. This is pretty much an all-NL World Series.

Uh, I'm disagreeing with you dude.

I was responding to Eddie and Seedy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Another 7-game series :)

Go Dodgers, I guess.  NL team.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I think the Stros blew it, not being able to wrap it up with Verlander's start. I hope I am wrong as we have some long suffering baseball fans in this state. The deal with the Rangers against the Cardinals was bad enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2017, 10:48:44 AM
The deal with the Rangers against the Cardinals was bad enough.

2011.  Good times :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2017, 10:48:44 AM
I think the Stros blew it, not being able to wrap it up with Verlander's start.

They also blew the ALCS by losing 3 straight to the Yankees.  Except they won that series anyways.

Fact is that the starters are pretty evenly matched, the teams are evenly matched.  LA has home field, so it's 55-45, a coin flip with a little dirt on one side of the coin.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2017, 02:02:30 PM
it's 55-45, a coin flip with a little dirt on one side of the coin.

Is this a racist statement that the dodgers have a slight edge because they have yasiel puig on the team?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

<insert Gurriel-Darvish joke here>

Valmy

Very glad to be wrong. Hell of a game by Morton.

I couldn't help but feel if the Orioles had brought in a few guys like Verlander that could have been them a couple years ago. Ah well.

Very glad for Texas baseball fans. 57 years is a long time to wait. I guess I just never thought the Astros would win the WS for the American League before the Rangers would.

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2017, 11:05:51 PM
I couldn't help but feel if the Orioles had brought in a few guys like Verlander that could have been them a couple years ago. Ah well.

A few guys like Verlander?  How many Verlanders are out there?  Good grief. 

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2017, 11:05:51 PM

A few guys like Verlander?  How many Verlanders are out there?  Good grief. 

I did not mean that literally :P

I meant if they had brought in some pitching help to get them over the top.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2017, 11:39:33 PM
I meant if they had brought in some pitching help to get them over the top.

Well, that's just not happening with an owner who does not believe in paying that kind of money for someone who only plays every 5 days.  That's just not financially sound, now is it?

He makes guaranteed money sharing a sports network with the Nationals, so let them spend money to win instead. It's a fantastic passive income business model he's got going, especially since he gets something like 80% of the MASN profits.

Sometimes I just wish they'd move to Indianapolis already.

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on November 01, 2017, 03:19:57 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2017, 02:02:30 PM
it's 55-45, a coin flip with a little dirt on one side of the coin.

Is this a racist statement that the dodgers have a slight edge because they have yasiel puig on the team?

No, not racist.  Just inaccurate.