And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2017 Season Thread

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 23, 2017, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2017, 11:25:12 AM
Shut up, Meg.

It's not like beating the Orioles, you just need a 12 year old in the bleachers with a glove for that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 12, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2017, 11:25:12 AM
Shut up, Meg.

It's not like beating the Orioles, you just need a 12 year old in the bleachers with a glove for that.

You bastard :ultra:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  This is a crazy inning.  Following a two run double:  Strikeout that got by the catcher, who throws it by 1st and allows a run to score, then catcher's interference that loads the bases, then hit by a pitch to score another run that puts the Cubs up 7-4.

The strikeout should have been the 3rd out.

MadBurgerMaker

Ha.  I was looking through old boxes this morning that had been stored in my grandmas garage for years and found some Orioles stuff from when I was a little kid.  I don't remember where we were (either Houston or Arlington), but somehow I ended up with a mini bat and one of those little batters helmets with Orioles logos on them.  The little helmets they would serve ice cream in.  Probably liked the logo and demanded mom or dad get me that one instead of home team stuff.   :)

CountDeMoney

Ha, ice cream...that's exacly what those were used for.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 12, 2017, 09:13:25 PM
:lol:  This is a crazy inning.  Following a two run double:  Strikeout that got by the catcher, who throws it by 1st and allows a run to score, then catcher's interference that loads the bases, then hit by a pitch to score another run that puts the Cubs up 7-4.

The strikeout should have been the 3rd out.

Totally off the hook.  All that with two outs too.

The Minsky Moment

I've recovered sufficiently that I think I can root for the Astros in the Series.  Yeah the Yankees lost but at least they did better than the Bosox.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

39 C at game time - In late October!

The Minsky Moment

Girardi out.  His ALDS snafu aside, IMO he was in the top quartile of MLB managers, so not sure what the Baby Brenners are thinking.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

I think it's Girardi wanting out more than anything.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

One hell of a pitchers duel last night.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

So it's that time again when I'm surprised to learn the Astros are in the AL.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 31, 2017, 04:46:07 AM
So it's that time again when I'm surprised to learn the Astros are in the AL.  :sleep:

No shit, right?  And the Brewers have been there forever already, so wtf is with the AL?  All the recent expansion teams have been in the NL, the Nationals, Arizona, Florida...

Stupid sports.

Admiral Yi

With their wacko 70s uniforms there's no way they could not be an AL team.

Now the Yankees and Mets, that's the one that I still can't get my head around.

Valmy

I know. This is pretty much an all-NL World Series.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."