News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2017 Season Thread

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 23, 2017, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I have suddenly become a Nationals fan for the next few games.  Gonna be in DC next week, and I want to go to an MLB playoff game.  :)  Never been to one before.  You know, because the Rangers suck most of the time, and then are only good when I don't have time to go up there.  Fuckers.

E:  Gotta buy some tshirts and a hat.  Start calling them the "Nats," and saying "we" when talking about them us.  It'll be great.

E2:  Fixed that last "them."

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Red Sox went down just as I predicted. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 11, 2017, 10:49:30 PM
Fuck sports.  A lot. :cry:

Jesus Christ man I am sorry. I know how it is to have your dream season derailed by the pinstriped beast.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Encarnacion's injury just killed them. Couldn't bat around it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

In honor of the ALCS matchup--

"You tell that son of a bitch no Yankee is ever coming to Houston."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTMixF2Iwy4
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

The Yankees are a stronger team than their regular season record would indicate.  Their expected W-L record based  on run differential 100-62 - they basically had a lot of bad luck in one run games.  Hicks, Sanchez, Didi, and Holliday all missed significant time due to injury but all are back and healthy for the playoffs.  Unlike the Indians who had some injury issues postseason.

That said, beating the Indians was a fluke, with Kluber suffering two bad games in a row.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Minksy at Game 4 the other night--

"HEY MARIA, DON'T FORGET TO BRING HOME SOME MORE GABAGOOL"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Sudden death for the Cubbies.  :(

derspiess

dps

Not particularly a Cubs fan, but I do like their manager and a lot of their players.  More importantly, though, I detest the Nationals.  Heck, if the Nationals advance to the NLCS, I'd even root for the Dodgers over them.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2017, 11:36:38 AM
Minksy at Game 4 the other night--

Less tattoos, more chest hair, replace the gabagool with mazoh ball soup.
--Joan Robinson