News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2017 Season Thread

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 23, 2017, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

But they are only 4.5 games out of first. And just 1.5 games out of the wildcard. It is still June.  :huh:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Oh, no.  This is when you bitch and panic :rolleyes:

Nothing short of 3 straight WS titles will appease O's fans. 

And I'm sort of an O's fan.  They're okay as far as AL teams go.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

A WS appearance would do more than please this one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on June 28, 2017, 12:18:09 PM
But they are only 4.5 games out of first. And just 1.5 games out of the wildcard. It is still June.  :huh:

Noted. But things are not trending in their direction :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2017, 12:47:20 PM

Eat me. An appearance once every 25 years would suffice.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

You'd still find something to bitch about.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

Right now, wouldn't you settle for a new owner?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 28, 2017, 01:46:35 PMRight now, wouldn't you settle for a new owner?

Apparently that would be bitching.  Then again, derniggerhater is a Mike Brown fan, so his bearings are a bit off.

The Minsky Moment

Hey DS I threw Votto my AS game vote.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

He's a weirdo.  But he does his job, I guess.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

The Astros are feeling it. Maybe this is finally their year.

The Minsky Moment

Not a huge surprise, Verlander was on the block.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess