News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

That's what we're about to do now anyway, yes.

Now that all of us except Berkut have properly selected a color, we just need to post here what side/number we're selecting.  So, if you're selecting Afghan with the 3 value, you'd post "Afghan (3)"

Once everyone's posted, we can begin.  :)

My selection below:

[spoiler]Russia(2)[/spoiler]
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

celedhring

Solmyr

[spoiler]Britain (1)[/spoiler]

Habbaku

Think Berkut even checks this thread?  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

With that, the order of play and starting influence is as follows:

Solmyr (Britain 1)
Habbaku (Russia 2)
Celedhring (Afghan 3)
Tamas (Britain 4)
Berkut (Russia 5)

Solmyr's up to start us off.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Purple purchases Fath Ali Shah for 0, then plays him (3 purple tribes to Persia, regime changes to Intelligence War).

Habbaku can tell me if I did anything wrong.

Habbaku

Looks good, Sol.

My play:

QuoteI buy Ranjit Singh for 0.
I play Ranjit Singh.  2 White tribes to Punjab.
1 Russian army to Punjab thanks to Garrison.

A recommendation for everyone going forward: align your starting tribe card (accessed through the Rupee menu at the top) and your money on hand so that they can be easily spotted by all players involved, please.  Don't stack rupees if at all possible--makes it hard to tell how much people have on hand, and that might matter.

Also, when placing your tribe card, you might find some difficulty in actually moving it after placement.  When initially placing it on board, find a nice, spacious area in the module to drop it.  I would suggest that Celedhring (who is next up) place his above mine, somewhere around the edge of the gray area so that there is plenty of space for expanding the tableau.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

I'm away from my computer, so I won't be able to do my turn until Monday evening (I am away on weekends, most of the time). Sorry for holding the pace up!

Tamas

Could we put a spare cube on our player sheets or something to indicate which color we are? As I have no idea at the moment.

celedhring

My actions are:

1) Purchase Ghaem Magham Farahani (cost: 0)
2) Play him, putting 3 spy cubes on him

As I understand it, I have to discard Charles Stoddart from the market before refreshing it?

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on January 16, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
As I understand it, I have to discard Charles Stoddart from the market before refreshing it?

Incorrect--Charles Stoddart is not a Patriot card because the stripe is not on his top.  Instead, the stripe on the bottom is the reward for killing him (via assassination, for example).  See the Pandjeh Oasis card for an example of a Russian Patriot.

Fortunately, the Vassal module has a convenient button so you don't have to remember anything.  If you look on the top row, you'll find a "Refresh the Market" button that will do all the work for you.  When you're doing buying cards and doing your turn, just click that and it will take care of everything.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

That being said, I just looked at the board and realized that Ghaem Magham is a Persian card.  Celedhring, in order to play that card (or any Persia card), you would have to pay Solmyr 3 Rupees--unless he agreed to let you play it for a discount--since he has three tribes in the Persia space.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Thanks for calling me out on this. I've never played this and while I have the rules at hand I'll probably miss stuff this first playthrough (and totally suck at it, but it looks like a cool game). Hence why I hand't uploaded a savefile yet...

I'll get Stoddard instead.

1) Purchase Stoddard
2) Play Stoddard and put two cubes on him

I presume that's a correct turn now?