News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on March 17, 2017, 05:13:04 AM
Incidentally, I like this game quite a bit. Sadly the theme is too obscure for my regular playing group to take on it, otherwise I'll buy it.

Maybe I could try Pax Renaissance, since it has a more accessible theme. Is it too different?

Pax Ren is similar mechanically in some respets, but a completely different game both in themes and interactions.  It's also only 4 players.  That being said, it's definitely my favorite of the Pax series.  Highly recommended.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 17, 2017, 09:49:12 AM
:rolleyes:

I am reluctant to pay you, since it is in your own best self interest to try and build up an anti-British presence that is not directly controlled by Habbaku. The Afghan side has no chance of winning this Topple, we need to look for survival.

:rolleyes:

That would be a more convincing argument if it wasn't following your "Pay me because I want money even though forcing you to pay me just means you can't play events that would actually help us both anyway".

Your idea of "diplomacy" is "I WANT MONEY IS GOOD SO GIVE ME".

So yeah, your sudden desire for "cooperation" rings a bit hollow. You want to survive? I suggest you do what you can to make that happen, because cooperation isn't really on the table anymore. Me "cooperating" so someone other than me can win instead of some other person other than me isn't that interesting.

You can keep demanding that I pay you to help our side, and cel can keep hammering the player in last place, and solmyr and Habs can figure out between them who is going to win the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Your pay-per-guilt-trip method worked on Celed, but won't work on me :P

Berkut

Yes, I am aware that diplomacy doesn't work on you - I think we've established that.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 17, 2017, 10:49:04 AM
Yes, I am aware that diplomacy doesn't work on you - I think we've established that.

I AM taking notes on how to throw tantrums though, so I'll might still improve!

Habbaku

I wish you two would just fuck already.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Tamas

Habbaku

Sorry, folks.  Have been stupid busy the last few days.  Will do my turn tomorrow morning or afternoon at worst.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Apologies for the delay.  Shouldn't happen again, but I make no guarantees...

Action 1: Buy Baluchi Smugglers for 1.
Action 2: Play Baluchi Smugglers.  1 Russian road each to Herat-Transcaspian and Herat-Kabul.  1 Russian Army (Garrison) to Herat.
Free Action (Baluchi Smugglers): Commerce.  Take 2 rupees from the market.
Free Action (Russo-Persian Trade): Commerce.  Take 1 rupee from the market.

Forgot to do so in my file, but please remove Baluchi Smugglers from my tableau due to being over-stacked.

Over to Sol.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

1. Play Cannon, place 3 British armies in Transcaspian. Take 2 cylinders from Transcaspian-Kabul and Persia-Herat roads. Pay 2 rupees to Tamas for this.
2. Campaign, move 3 British armies from Transcaspian to Herat. Kill 1 Russian army and 2 Russian roads (Herat-Kandahar and Herat-Persia). Lose 1 British army.
3. (free) Gift, purchase British favor for 4 rupees.
4. (free) Commerce, take 2 rupees back.

Discard Farah Road at end of turn.

celedhring

Berkut, I'm planning on taxing Kabul again. I'll target Tamas instead of you, in exchange of guarantees that the spy on Akali Sikhs won't have funny ideas and cross over to my side. Otherwise I'll need to keep starving you out of funds.

I know that despite siding with the savages, you're a man of honor.  :bowler:

Berkut

I think Tamas has made it very, very clear he prefers all spies to go on his stuff.

0 rows returned

celedhring

Berkut

It is certainly a yes or a no.

I will say that taxing me would make me re-evaluate Tamas commitment to making sure he gets all my spies.

0 rows returned