News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

And moved that file to the new shared folder now.

Habbaku

You should have all received an invitation to the folder just now. Go ahead and poke at it at your leisure--that's where we should be uploading files as game states change.

As for Sol's question, I suggest we not worry about log files too much and instead just use game saves.  Log files can be cumbersome and annoying to remember at times.

That being said, I hope that we all abide by a simple set of conventions during play:

After your turn is through, make a post here detailing everything that you did, preferably step by step.

IE, if my turn consists of performing the Tax action with one of my cards, and buying a market card, I would post the following:

Quote1st Action: Purchase Army of the Indus from the "2" space in the market.  1 Rupee each on cards X and Y.
2nd Action: Use my Z-Card's Tax ability in Punjab to Tax Berkut's ABC Card in Punjab.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Haven't used vassall in years. Soz but I'll need until tomorrow while I sort out the technical/knowing what I'm doing end of it.

Habbaku

No worries.  Vassal is pretty much click and drag for just about everything for what it's worth.  Dealing cards is pretty straightforward as well--just click and drag to the appropriate spot, etc.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Ok. I chose to play as Trump Orange, and I have drawn a loyalty card (I dragged it to the Orange Hand window, I suppose that's how I have to do it?).

Uploaded the save file.

Solmyr

Just to check, but at this point should we also flip our loyalty card so that the actual loyalty we want is on top?

Also, apparently I can see Cel's loyalty card while not the ones for Habs and Tamas. I guess others can see mine as well. Was there something we needed to do to hide it?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on January 11, 2017, 05:52:50 AM
Just to check, but at this point should we also flip our loyalty card so that the actual loyalty we want is on top?

Also, apparently I can see Cel's loyalty card while not the ones for Habs and Tamas. I guess others can see mine as well. Was there something we needed to do to hide it?

I think we should turn the cards now yes, although I won't.

And I haven't done anything special with my card. Maybe Cel left it up instead of flipped down?

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on January 11, 2017, 05:52:50 AM

It doesn't matter that much, but no, you should leave it down and just mentally know which one you're selecting--honor system is easier than having us all flip the cards up or down all at once.

On our first turns, however, we should flip the cards to their correct side and color.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

I just dragged the card to my hand. Did nothing else.

Habbaku

By default, then, Berkut is yellow.  Just need him to make a file claiming it, then...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2017, 10:18:07 AM
By default, then, Berkut is yellow.  Just need him to make a file claiming it, then...

So see you in a month. Maybe.

Habbaku

A month?  Didn't figure the Russo-Finnish guy to be an optimist.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Is this the part where I tell you to all go fuck yourselves?

Selected...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

And yet there is no file uploaded to Dropbox.  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Doh.

It saved in my Vassal folder, not the dropbox folder. Stupid Vassal!

I am at work, can we just take my word that I've selected a loyalty card and arranged it appropriately?

Actually, if I am the last to select, can I just announce it since everyone else has fixed theirs anyway?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned