News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I will give it a go. Get us ready for NBW....sorta.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I'll be more likely to want to play Pax Renaissance at NBW, honestly.  Pax Pamir is a much slower game unless everyone at the table has some experience.  It's probably the superior PBEM option, but I still really like it face to face.

I would say that Pax Pamir is marginally deeper in terms of interactions, but Pax Ren is probably the better overall game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmuec5ld0x0omqr/AABWATw5WUUFrdlwUPRHNHYka?dl=0

There's the link to the dropbox containing the game folder.

As you can see when you open it, I set the board up already and have chosen a color (White).  What you cannot see is that I also dealt myself one of the starting Loyalty cards.

In order, each of us needs to select a color, then draw a loyalty card.  That card will determine the opening play order as well as our starting loyalties to specific empires.

So, deal yourself a card, then save the file and upload a new one at your convenience, but please write here that you've done so, otherwise we'll end up with crossed wires.  As for selecting which of the two Loyalty choices you have at the beginning, we'll just utilize the honor system--no cheating after you see everyone else!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Berkut

Should we just get a common shared DB folder for the game?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2017, 05:18:24 PM
I'll be more likely to want to play Pax Renaissance at NBW, honestly.  Pax Pamir is a much slower game unless everyone at the table has some experience.  It's probably the superior PBEM option, but I still really like it face to face.

I would say that Pax Pamir is marginally deeper in terms of interactions, but Pax Ren is probably the better overall game.

I bought Pax Renaissance but have still to open it, but I liked it Pax Porfiriana. Pamir is new to me, but will follow this thread with interest.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

I've been re-reading the rules last night, should be able to get my selection in tonight.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Will take me a bit to familiarize myself with the game.

celedhring

I'm away and on my phone, but I will read the rules and try to get the selection done tonight.

Habbaku

I'll set up a common Dropbox if I can get everyone's preferred e-mail again.

No rush on grokking the rules just yet.  Figure everyone can use a couple of days to familiarize themselves with it.  The game is relatively easy in terms of mechanics, but there are a lot of intricate connections between the individual systems.

As always, feel free to ask questions.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Seemed like a good, default, normal color.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Solmyr

I picked Purple and dealt myself a loyalty card. Get the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hobvt6wteq4u5cm/LanguishPamir%20002.vsav?dl=0

Once Habs sets up the joint folder, should we send log files or game saves?