1 (4.2%)
Detroit Lions
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 09, 2017, 05:41:06 AM

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 22, 2017, 10:18:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2017, 09:34:42 PM
Please shut up and let me enjoy the Steelers loss.

Trump, Belichick...what does Fred Phelps have going on this week?

Almost seems as if you've become a bit soft on the Steelers :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 09:24:30 AM

You've obviously become a bit soft on the Sith Lord Belichick and Darth Brady. :hmm:  oh well, people choose evil over stupid all the time.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
You've obviously become a bit soft on the Sith Lord Belichick and Darth Brady. :hmm:  oh well, people choose evil over stupid all the time.

No Kidding.
Consider that Timmy's taint was powerful enough to take down the entire political system of the United States of America, but still too weak to take down Belichick.  And this time around there is no 3rd string Giants receiver to counteract the Patriot voodoo.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

I don't get too worked up about the Patriots but I'd really like to see Atlanta win.

I have spent most of the last decade saying Matt Ryan is a good enough QB to win the Super Bowl,so it would be nice to see him do it.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 09:24:30 AM

It was evil vs. evil.  I just have more of an axe to grind with the Steelers than with the Patriots. 

Obviously I'm with the moral majority that want the Patriots to lose in the Super Bowl.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

I'm really torn on this super bowl. On the one hand, I've lived most my life in Atlanta and have some pride in the city. I also hate New England, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, their cheating ways, and most of all their Timmay fan base. But on the other hand, I hate the fact that I now see a bunch of people wearing Falcons gear for the first time in forever, greeting each other with "rise up", and generally being happy about the team's success.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 03:59:03 PM
It was evil vs. evil.  I just have more of an axe to grind with the Steelers than with the Patriots. 

No it wasn't;  it was Lawful Evil versus Chaotic Stupid.

You're the reason why we have ethnic conflicts;  can't see past your little AFC North tribalism for the Big Picture.

The Patriots threaten all of humanity.

derspiess

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2017, 04:36:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 03:59:03 PM

No it wasn't;  it was Lawful Evil versus Chaotic Stupid.

You're the reason why we have ethnic conflicts;  can't see past your little AFC North tribalism for the Big Picture.

The Patriots threaten all of humanity.

:lol:  Now, I'll admit that I'm now sorta glad the Steelers lost, just so I could continue to hear this kind of stuff for another couple of weeks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

I'll be satisfied no matter who wins at this point.  The Steelers have been eliminated, so their annoying fanbase can melt back into the woodwork.  The Falcons could win their first ever, which would be nice.  The Patriots?  Well, if they win and (presumably) Brady gets MVP, having to watch Goodell squirm and hand over the trophies will be worth the cost of New England winning again.  I have a lot more hate for Gooddell and his actions throughout the NFL than what I have just for New England.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

No zone read team in the big show.  That's a win.  :)

Grey Fox

The Pats need to win. Darth Goodell handing the trophy to a pissed off to Sith Lord Kraft, Brady & Hoodieman is too good to pass up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Who's the one person that voted for the Falcons? They got lone bragging rights if they come out on top.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

I'm the idiot that chose the Giants.  I believed :(