News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
I feel sure that my friend @RandPaul will come along with the new and great health care program because he knows Obamacare is a disaster!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Don't let the FAKE NEWS tell you that there is big infighting in the Trump Admin. We are getting along great, and getting major things done!

I am working on a new system where there will be competition in the Drug Industry. Pricing for the American people will come way down!

Don't worry, getting rid of state lines, which will promote competition, will be in phase 2 & 3 of healthcare rollout. @foxandfriends

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
For eight years Russia "ran over" President Obama, got stronger and stronger, picked-off Crimea and added missiles. Weak! @foxandfriends

Our wonderful new Healthcare Bill is now out for review and negotiation. ObamaCare is a complete and total disaster - is imploding fast!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

I am working on a new system where there will be competition in the Drug Industry. Pricing for the American people will come way down!

He's going to abolish patents?  :ph34r:

Maladict

Quote from: Archy on March 08, 2017, 07:15:31 AM

He's going to abolish patients?  :ph34r:

fyp

Grey Fox

Quote from: Archy on March 08, 2017, 07:15:31 AM

He's going to abolish patents?  :ph34r:

Donald Trump, GOAT.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Don't let the FAKE NEWS tell you that there is big infighting in the Trump Admin. We are getting along great, and getting major things done!

Has nobody ever told him that denying things vehemently is the best way to confirm them?

mongers

The Twitter-in-Chief has resumed his position on the throne:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump    2h

Does anyone notice how the Montana Congressional race was such a big deal to Dems & Fake News until the Republican won? V was poorly covered

@realDonaldTrump    2h

....it is very possible that those sources don't exist but are made up by fake news writers. #FakeNews is the enemy!

@realDonaldTrump    2h

Whenever you see the words 'sources say' in the fake news media, and they don't mention names....

@realDonaldTrump    2h

It is my opinion that many of the leaks coming out of the White House are fabricated lies made up by the #FakeNews media.   

@realDonaldTrump    3h

Just returned from Europe. Trip was a great success for America. Hard work but big results!

@realDonaldTrump    3h

Big win in Montana for Republicans!

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Gotta hand it to the Russians, the definitely hit it out of the park with this one.  Infiltrating the White House is one thing, but actually running it with multiple Joes? Krassilnikov didn't have wet dreams this fanciful.

Syt

He's been in withdrawal, hasn't he?

QuoteBritish Prime Minister May was very angry that the info the U.K. gave to U.S. about Manchester was leaked. Gave me full details!

QuoteI suggest that we add more dollars to Healthcare and make it the best anywhere. ObamaCare is dead - the Republicans will do much better!

QuoteThe massive TAX CUTS/REFORM that I have submitted is moving along in the process very well, actually ahead of schedule. Big benefits to all!

QuoteThe Fake News Media works hard at disparaging & demeaning my use of social media because they don't want America to hear the real story!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

QuoteI suggest that we add more dollars to Healthcare and make it the best anywhere.

Sounds good. But then why are you proposing slashing the Medicaid budget?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Well, the U.S. healthcare system is already much more expensive than its counterpart in other countries, at same or similar results,s o pouring more money into it might not be the solution.  :hmm:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

I'm confused about the US healthcare system, it's twice as expensive as european average healthcare and yet citizens have to pay of it themselves as well? How is that possible?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

I assume that figure includes private spending as well.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2017, 04:20:19 AM
I'm confused about the US healthcare system, it's twice as expensive as european average healthcare and yet citizens have to pay of it themselves as well? How is that possible?

Government pays private entreprises price for care.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

It's for-profit.

The Minsky Moment

The insurance companies get paid first.  The brokers and management consultants get paid second.  Then the providers get what's left.  If you fill out your forms just right and it's lucky day, you might just get care delivered.  But it'll within the deductible, or subject to 30% copay plus oh yeah we don't cover that and if we did you gave the wrong code anyway.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson