News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World War Tweet: The Megaton Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

dps

Raz, are you really just now figuring this out?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on December 23, 2016, 01:23:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2016, 08:36:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 22, 2016, 02:19:40 PM
And yeah.

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

I liked that one. Got CNN all hot and frothy. Entertains!

Foreign policy via Twitter. Awesome. This ought to cut new ground. Has it been overstated enough that this guy is an idiot.

Starting to turn on his master already?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2016/12/wait_is_trump_pushing_back_against_putin_over_nuclear_weapons.html
Quotesome speculated that Trump's tweet may have been a response to a remark that Putin made in the middle of his annual holiday three-hour press conference—namely, that Russia would bolster its nuclear capability to "penetrate" any enemy's missile-defense system.

This was confirmed Friday morning by Mira Brzezinski, co-host of MSNBC's Morning Joe, who reported that she'd spoken on the phone with Trump a while earlier and that he stood by the tweet. If Putin wants to up his nuclear arsenal, Trump told her, "Let it be an arms race because we will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

It actually irks him that the Russians may have a few more warheads.  Seriously.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2016, 09:54:02 PM
It actually irks him that the Russians may have a few more warheads.  Seriously.

See the new Russky stealth fighter?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on December 24, 2016, 12:09:07 AM
See the new Russky stealth fighter?

:huh:  If you can see it, it isn't very stealthy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Interesting article on Trump and nuclear weapons, albeit from June.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/2016-donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-missiles-nukes-button-launch-foreign-policy-213955

It's long so I'm not reposting it here, but it's worth a read or at least a skim.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

To get us all in the Trump-nuclear Christmas mood:

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&hob_opt=1&casualties=1&ff=50&linked=1&kt=5000&lat=51.499167&lng=-0.124722&hob_psi=5&hob_ft=17519&zm=10

Completely hypothetical, sure, but interesting nonethless. The guy's blog is actually really informative too.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/pakistan-israel-nuclear-warning-fake-news-story-response-islamabad-syria-a7494961.html

QuotePakistan issues nuclear warning to Israel in response to 'fake news' story

Israeli Ministry of Defence forced to point out initial story 'completely fictitious'

The Defence Minister of Pakistan has issued a reminder to Israel of his country's nuclear capability, in apparent response to a false news story.

Khawaja Muhammad Asif said in a tweet: "Israeli [Defence Minister] threatens nuclear retaliation presuming [Pakistani] role in Syria against Daesh. Israel forgets Pakistan is a Nuclear state too."

Pakistan has remained relatively neutral in the Syrian civil war, though they have placed themselves on the side of the Assad regime, with their Foreign Secretary saying the world's sixth-largest country is "against foreign military intervention in Syria."

But a fake story published on the website AWDnews falsely suggested that Pakistan planned to "send ground troops to Syria as part of an international coalition to fight against Islamic State".

The anonymously-authored story then features an apparently invented quote from former Israeli defence minister Moshe Yaalon, who resigned in May this year, sayig: "If, by misfortune, they arrive in Syria... we will destroy them with a nuclear attack."

It is this story, which also includes a fabricated quote from the Pakistani Foreign Minister, which seemingly prompted Mr Asif's tweet. The Israeli Ministry of Defence replied with a tweet of its own, pointing out the story was "completely fictitious".

Pakistan is one of nine states officially considered to possess nuclear weapons, with its stockpile estimated at around 130 warheads.

Israel, on the other hand, neither confirms nor denies having nuclear weapons. However, it is widely believed to have an unofficial stockpile, with one tally estimating the country has around 80 weapons.

Mr Asif has previously warned he will use his country's nuclear capability to "annihilate" India "if our safety is threatened". He issued that threat in September of this year, during ongoing violence in the disputed Kashmir border region.

Some of the news stories on the AWDnews site are legitimate. Others include "CIA created ISIS", "Foreign minister of Israel revealed that she practised sex with several Arab personalities in order to engage in sex scandals", and a warning from Vladimir Putin that he will "defeat the Illuminati with his bare hands".

"If there is ever another war in Europe, it will come out of some damned silly thing on 4chan."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

We have nothing to fear, thanks Donald!

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
The U.S. Consumer Confidence Index for December surged nearly four points to 113.7, THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS! Thanks Donald!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk