News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

My trip is coming to an end and after riding around in the highlands I'm now going down to the coast and the downhill ride there is intense, 1200m to 0m in one go. I'm halfway now and dizzy and my hands are cramped up. Coffee break!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2017, 05:00:20 AM
My trip is coming to an end and after riding around in the highlands I'm now going down to the coast and the downhill ride there is intense, 1200m to 0m in one go. I'm halfway now and dizzy and my hands are cramped up. Coffee break!

:cool:

Liep, that's kind of awesome.

I'm sort of living vicariously via you and Mal's trips.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

:cheers:

I survived and had a nice 30k ride along the ocean back to Malaga. A great trip with fantastic views in Andalusia with temperatures never going below 25. The 35 degree days on dusty roads were difficult on a level I hadn't tried yet though, I just might prefer a windy day in Denmark to that, it was equally fatiguing at any rate.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2017, 10:55:20 AM
:cheers:

I survived and had a nice 30k ride along the ocean back to Malaga. A great trip with fantastic views in Andalusia with temperatures never going below 25. The 35 degree days on dusty roads were difficult on a level I hadn't tried yet though, I just might prefer a windy day in Denmark to that, it was equally fatiguing at any rate.

Excellent. :cheers:

Do post us some photos here went you get back.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and holiday.

Liep

Photos from the cycling part of my trip. Fantastic riding country and would've been even more so if Google Maps had been able to distinguish between rideable field road and road-consisting-only-of-sand. :P

Maladict

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on October 07, 2017, 02:54:54 PM
Awesome Liep.

Yes, very impressive.

Mal, along with your trip through Eastern Europe, this is inspiring stuff for me.  :)

Maybe I need to get on good terms with my good friend's brother who lives down in central Southern Spain, in preparation for a tour next Autumn?

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on October 07, 2017, 03:10:13 PM

Yes, very impressive.

Mal, along with your trip through Eastern Europe, this is inspiring stuff for me.  :)

I think that was Liep as well.  :(

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on October 07, 2017, 04:17:35 PM

Yes, very impressive.

Oops, sorry, but you've had quite a few hardcore bike trips too haven't you.

And races too iirc.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 07, 2017, 03:10:13 PMMaybe I need to get on good terms with my good friend's brother who lives down in central Southern Spain, in preparation for a tour next Autumn?

Definitely. September/October had perfect weather in the mountains, maybe a bit too warm still on the plains, but with lots of water it's no problem. Best bit is it seems every small town has a restaurant so lunch and second lunch is alway easy to get by.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on October 07, 2017, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: Maladict on October 07, 2017, 04:17:35 PM

Yes, very impressive.

Oops, sorry, but you've had quite a few hardcore bike trips too haven't you.

And races too iirc.

Sure, but it's been a while. I've mostly been doing walks/hikes the last couple of years.
Maybe cycling could be back on the menu next year.  :hmm:

saskganesh

... 4 days until my half marathon. Tapering is hard!
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

:thumbsup:

Good to hear things a well with you Sask  :)

saskganesh

Two weeks ago I was excited, last weekend I was dreading it and wishing it was over already and now I am just filled with anticipation. Race day I have to play it cool and not blow my start. Sunday can't come soon enough.

saskganesh

Rocked it. 1:46.25.5  69th/466 in M50-54. 1386 overall out of 11K. I successfully increased my pace with every split and had just enough jam left to sprint the final 100m. With better corral seeding I think I could have done 1:45.