News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Half way there. 20kg (45 lbs) down, another 20kg to go. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

That's fantastic Syt.

I want to try to focus on fat loss this autumn. I lost 20 Kg in the past 3 years, but I just can't shave those last 10 Kg off.

mongers

Managed to put some back muscles out at the weekend, in some annoying pain and can't bend down; so won't be doing much for a couple of weeks, the odd bit of cycling helps.  <_<

Well I bumped the thread I guess.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: mongers on July 21, 2017, 01:39:19 PM
Managed to put some back muscles out at the weekend, in some annoying pain and can't bend down; so won't be doing much for a couple of weeks, the odd bit of cycling helps.  <_<

Well I bumped the thread I guess.

Nine days on, doing a bit more, but still this getting old stuff is getting annoying, things take a lot longer to recover.:mad:

So consequently feeling a bit down.  :(

Liep

Managed to run 13.6 km with reasonable pace yesterday. 8 km to go!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 26, 2017, 06:12:52 AM
Managed to run 13.6 km with reasonable pace yesterday. 8 km to go!

:cool:

I'm still hankering to have a go at running, maybe a 15 year lay off is too long? :unsure:

merithyn

I opted to walk home from work yesterday to make sure that I got my miles in. Managed to walk just shy of eight miles for the day. After ignoring my diet for the past two months, I'm back to tracking my calories and carbs. I didn't gain any weight, thankfully, but I also didn't lose any.

So, current stats:

Weight: 160 lbs
Blood sugar avg: 100
Avg miles walked/day: 5
Jeans size: 8-10, depending on cut and brand

Goals:

Weight: 145-150 lbs
Blood sugar avg: 100 (MET!)
Avg miles walked/day: 7-10
Jeans size: 6

Cutting carbs back to dietary recommendations for diabetics: 150g/day.
Cutting calories back to 1200 regardless of exercise.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on August 11, 2017, 12:02:24 PM
I opted to walk home from work yesterday to make sure that I got my miles in. Managed to walk just shy of eight miles for the day. After ignoring my diet for the past two months, I'm back to tracking my calories and carbs. I didn't gain any weight, thankfully, but I also didn't lose any.

So, current stats:

Weight: 160 lbs
Blood sugar avg: 100
Avg miles walked/day: 5
Jeans size: 8-10, depending on cut and brand

Goals:

Weight: 145-150 lbs
Blood sugar avg: 100 (MET!)
Avg miles walked/day: 7-10
Jeans size: 6

Cutting carbs back to dietary recommendations for diabetics: 150g/day.
Cutting calories back to 1200 regardless of exercise.

:cool:

Good going. :cheers:

Syt

I've been stuck at 115kg for a few weeks now (+/- 2kg). :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on August 16, 2017, 08:50:08 AM
I've been stuck at 115kg for a few weeks now (+/- 2kg). :unsure:

Why not take up Merry's unintentional approach, give it a rest of for a few weeks and come back to it refreshed, maybe with new idea or two to implement?

Syt

I had a cheat week last week.   :blush:

I'm good again. Since I've started working out, I've had  muscle under my left shoulder that's continuously gotten worse. It's not bothering me much, except after workouts and when I stand for longer times, or walk to work. Also, with many 35+°C afternoons I kinda neglected my walk-to-and-from-work program. -_-
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Ouch, had a bit of a tumble on the bike, first time in 30,000 miles, luckily it was off-road and slow, about 15mph, managed to twist my knee, wreck my elbow, but rolling into a thicket of stinging nettles wasn't so hot, good job I had thick jeans and safety glasses on.

Even so the 6-8 hour long sensation of having been stung on all of my arms and a fair bit of the face was 'interesting' :bleeding:

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on August 19, 2017, 06:19:15 PM
Ouch!! :(

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be as right as rain in a few days time, injured pride more than anything.  :blush:

Eddie Teach

You wear goggles when you ride? :nerd:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?