And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Sorry but I'm too wide for leather ass chaps on the back of your motorcycle, Wez.  The pipes would just drag and spark.

mongers

Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM
Thought I'd save a lot of us the effort of posting in that coming thread.  :P

Of course, feel free to post in this thread if you feel you're going to buck trend and the predicted outcomes.  :D

Thread activated.

So has anyone, done anything? :unsure:

Other than pile on the pounds over Xmas/new years.  :P

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I'm fleeing south for a week so I won't have the weather as an excuse not to run.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I think I've coughed enough to burn off a not insignificant amount of calories.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2017, 05:36:19 PM
I think I've coughed enough to burn off a not insignificant amount of calories.

:(

Yeah I had that too for the last few days.

Thanks Xmas visiting relatives.  <_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Liep

Quote from: mongers on January 17, 2017, 03:27:58 PM
Anyone, Anything yet? :unsure:

I did some mountain walks while on Tenerife. I also drank a lot of wine and beer.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 17, 2017, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 17, 2017, 03:27:58 PM
Anyone, Anything yet? :unsure:

I did some mountain walks while on Tenerife. I also drank a lot of wine and beer.

That sounds and looks like a very good compromise.  :D

Myself, the mud and I destroyed my winter bike last week, it now needs a complete rebuild, so currently on my summer bike.  <_<

Liep

Quote from: mongers on January 17, 2017, 03:52:37 PM

Myself, the mud and I destroyed my winter bike last week, it now needs a complete rebuild, so currently on my summer bike.  <_<

What broke? I haven't been out on my winter bike yet this season.  :Embarrass:

alfred russel

Goals for year:

-Climb Grand Teton
-Send Misty (a sport climbing route rated 5.10c/d)
Carryover goals from last year that I failed at (I should be close on all of them, except the aggressive pull up goals):
-Running: 5k in under 22:00; 10k in under 50:00 (can do now rather comfortably, just need to get in a race); half marathon in under 1:50
-pull ups: three goal levels: 12/15/20
-bench my weight
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Goals for the year:

Buy dog. Walk more.

11B4V

I'm re-flooring my fitness room.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".