News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 11, 2017, 09:46:05 AM
The ride yesterday to work was hell from a fitness level.  I was dreading the ride back up the mountain at the end of the day.  But it was surprisingly easy  :huh:

I think I shocked my body into being ready for the ride back.  :D

:D

and  :cool: because I couldn't tackle a mountain.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Today I'm allowed to start walking again.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

mongers

Did 53 mile on the bike this evening, took it easy and tried to see how long I spin the trip out to.

Syt

Down over 16kg or 35lbs. Still walking to work most days, and taking stairs when I can. Several flights of stairs pose no big issue for me unlike earlier when two flights might make me out of breath for a while.

Still working out 3 times a week.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2017, 02:32:08 AM
Down over 16kg or 35lbs. Still walking to work most days, and taking stairs when I can. Several flights of stairs pose no big issue for me unlike earlier when two flights might make me out of breath for a while.

:thumbsup:

saskganesh

Lately my long runs have seemingly plateaued at the 11 mile mark. Gotta work on the better nutrition angle and  maybe better $hoes.

Eleven miles is awesome but is not my goal for 2017.
humans were created in their own image

Liep

Good work! :o

Quote from: saskganesh on May 30, 2017, 09:07:14 AM
Lately my long runs have seemingly plateaued at the 11 mile mark. Gotta work on the better nutrition angle and  maybe better $hoes.

Eleven miles is awesome but is not my goal for 2017.

Eleven miles is close to a half marathon, seems more than enough to me :P

I managed to set a personal record 5km today: 26:36 :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

saskganesh

That's awesome. You're getting there. :showoff:

I've only run one 5K race and I had to run 6k to get there. That was the best warm up.

I'm in my first half in October and I want to do well, so 11 miles isn't good enough for me.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Damn Syt that is awesome!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Thanks. :)

I'm still at ca. 118kg/260lbs, but I'm on track to hit my target of 95kg/210lbs by end of year or early next year.

I have a problem buying jeans, though. My waist has gone from 44 inch to 40. However, my calves are ginormous and require at least a 42 (unless I opt for bell bottoms - I won't opt for bell bottoms :P ). Turns out being overweight and walk a fair bit is a killer workout for calves - there's no fat on the, just muscle.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Have you tried "loose fit"?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I wear "relaxed fit" (same difference) size 42, because regular were uncomfortably tight at the calves. Of course the waist is now too wide.

Doesn't help that skinny and slim cut jeans are fashionable now and take a large chunk of store space online and offline.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Just ordered new accessories for the bike! :w00t:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on June 08, 2017, 10:55:13 AM
Just ordered new accessories for the bike! :w00t:

Sitting down should make cycling vastly more comfortable.
And although not necessary, most people tend to opt for two handlebars.