News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2017 Fitness Thread

Started by mongers, December 21, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on April 27, 2017, 04:53:56 PM
Ran my first 10k in a while today. Not fast and my legs feel like shit now, but it's done. Being able to run in a forest instead of the city is unbelievably motivating.

Tigers?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2017, 04:59:24 PM
Ran my first 10k in a while today. Not fast and my legs feel like shit now, but it's done. Being able to run in a forest instead of the city is unbelievably motivating.

Tigers?

Not even wolves. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

:cheers:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

38-40 miles on the bike this evening, an annoying mix of all sorts of terrain and routes, from major A-roads to 'footpaths', so couldn't get settled into a rhythm and hence relatively hard going.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

Melanie is making me go on long walks with her whenever she comes over.

Yesterday, she started running at times during said walks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Having done 50 miles on the bike yesterday evening, half off-road, half on-road, I decided to take a break from exercise today.  :bowler:

alfred russel

I haven't been running so much since I broke my ankle. It has probably been a year since I ran more than 6 miles. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so I thought, lets see how things go and did 10 and a half. A little sore today, but I feel good. I'm going to try to do more distance running.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

So last summer I started running again, it felt good... then I went away on vacation, broke up my rhythm, and never got back at it.

So now I've started up again.  Trying for 3x per week after the boys go to bed.  So far so good.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Yesterday was going to be my return to cycling to work.  Yes I am a fair weather rider and it has started to be warm and sunny.  also I have put on about 15 pounds since I stopped last fall so its time..

I got everything organized, out the door and..... no back brakes.  They are the disk kind so I have no idea how to fix those.  Good news is the bike is still under warranty so I will get it back this afternoon and tomorrow will be my return to the bike.  :)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2017, 08:39:26 AM
Yesterday was going to be my return to cycling to work.  Yes I am a fair weather rider and it has started to be warm and sunny.  also I have put on about 15 pounds since I stopped last fall so its time..

I got everything organized, out the door and..... no back brakes.  They are the disk kind so I have no idea how to fix those.  Good news is the bike is still under warranty so I will get it back this afternoon and tomorrow will be my return to the bike.  :)

Yeah those things need a qualified mechanic if hydraulic, good on acting so promptly rather than just letting the problem sit in the garage for a while.

Have a nice ride tomorrow.  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on May 09, 2017, 09:43:38 AM
10km in under an hour. Progress!

:cool:

You almost make running sound attractive.  :P

Liep

Quote from: mongers on May 09, 2017, 10:00:49 AM

I run in a bird reserve after I moved. It is a very attractive landscape, plus right now there's thousands of migrating geese that will take off in a coordinated effort that is worthy of 'Planet Earth'.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on May 09, 2017, 10:46:26 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 09, 2017, 10:00:49 AM

I run in a bird reserve after I moved. It is a very attractive landscape, plus right now there's thousands of migrating geese that will take off in a coordinated effort that is worthy of 'Planet Earth'.

Sounds lovely, wildlife certainly adds a good deal to any ride or run.

crazy canuck

The ride yesterday to work was hell from a fitness level.  I was dreading the ride back up the mountain at the end of the day.  But it was surprisingly easy  :huh:

I think I shocked my body into being ready for the ride back.  :D