News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nintendo WTF

Started by The Minsky Moment, December 20, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

So surprisingly it seems to be a massive success for nintendo.

I do find myself oddly tempted.

Though....there are no games released or scheduled that look particularly interesting
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Super Nintendo Classic Edition is coming.  No idea if they'll make enough for someone to actually buy.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/plug-and-play-snes-classic-coming-sept-29-for-80-with-two-controllers/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I'm going to buy as many as I can get my hands on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on June 26, 2017, 03:40:51 PM
I'm going to buy as many as I can get my hands on.

so none?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2017, 02:04:50 PM
Super Nintendo Classic Edition is coming.  No idea if they'll make enough for someone to actually buy.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/plug-and-play-snes-classic-coming-sept-29-for-80-with-two-controllers/

:secret:

Pre-order  :P

Two controllers is very good news. Extra controllers for the NES mini were harder to find that the console itself.
Longer cords are nice too.
Japanese edition with Mystical Ninja and Fire Emblem has perhaps a stronger selection (Earthbound a.k.a Mother 2 and Castlevania IV in the West though) but why Super Soccer instead of ISS Deluxe? Too expensive to license from Konami?  :hmm:

Grey Fox

The NES classic had no NA pre-order*. Expect the same for the SNES classic.

I want one, of course, I guess I won't get one.

*Apparently Target did an unofficial one, Nintendo didn't approve.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Well, easy then pre-order by Target then or whoever defies NOA. Earlier in the day, one could pre-order Snes Minis in the German site of a famous online retailer.

Grey Fox

not easy, most don't ship here.

Duque de Bragança

Well, the pre-order period started and it sold out pretty quickly. More stock than for the New Mini hopefully, as per Nintendo's statement.

garbon

I may or may not have pre-ordered one? Argos said they would confirm my order in the next few hours. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Well, I pre-ordered 2 Snes Minis, just in case.  :whistle:

Grey Fox

I'll buy the other one.

Duque de Bragança

Get ready for a continental European power plug adaptor and a voltage converter too. :)

Grey Fox

These things are USB powered.

garbon

Yes, the one I purchased noted that it comes with no power plug - I have to supply my own.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.