News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nintendo WTF

Started by The Minsky Moment, December 20, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

switch is basically a hybrid console-handheld. if nintendo is purposely tanking the 3DS, maybe that's why.

QuoteThen there's the "Classic" NES which is one of the bit hits of the season.

I want to believe this was intentional  :D

Grey Fox

We'll know Thursday night/Friday morning.

No Zelda at launch, included game is Splatoon Redux, 250$USD Sku.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

I was, uh, 100% wrong.

garbon

What are you talking about?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

zelda at launch. nintendo had a major switch presentation last night. it was all in japanese. at one point, the translator started breaking down and seemed to wing it. he did everything but cry in front of everyone. he was quickly replaced and presumably fired.  :D

Grey Fox

Quote from: LaCroix on January 13, 2017, 09:27:16 AM
zelda at launch. nintendo had a major switch presentation last night. it was all in japanese. at one point, the translator started breaking down and seemed to wing it. he did everything but cry in front of everyone. he was quickly replaced and presumably fired.  :D

Couldn't keep up with what Suda51 was saying. It's understandable, dude's crazy.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2017, 08:49:56 AM
What are you talking about?

The Switch. It's 300$; Zelda is a launch game; Splatoon Redux is actually Splatoon 2 & not for launch.

DontSayBanana

The switch itself looks awesome, but it seems like Nintendo just can't resist the urge to introduce a clusterfuck to what should be a killer product.

Nintendo just cannot handle online.  They're moving to paid online access for multiplayer for the Switch (ew), and the only perk is a monthly "classic" game that can be played on virtual catch- except unlike the Sony/Microsoft method of taking a less profitable back title and making it free to obtain, they're going with the ridiculous failed "Sega Channel" method of the game itself only being playable for the month it's being offered.  After that, you have to purchase.
Experience bij!

Josquius

I am thoroughly unenthusiastic about Switch. It's just a fancy tablet. Wow.

I am constantly tempted to get a wii to catch up on everything decent I missed on that and the gamecube. But I know if I did I'd probably never play it.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2017, 04:25:40 PM

I am constantly tempted to get a wii to catch up on everything decent I missed on that and the gamecube. But I know if I did I'd probably never play it.

Just use the Dolphin emulator. You can play games in 4k with it.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 15, 2017, 08:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2017, 04:25:40 PM

Just use the Dolphin emulator. You can play games in 4k with it.

The ones that run stably, anyway.  Solid for Gamecube stuff, but Smash Bros. Brawl is the only Wii title I haven't run into problems with speedups or slowdowns making the game unusable.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 11, 2017, 07:29:28 AM
You like Puppy dog controller, G?

I thought it was an answering machine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

NoA is pissing me off. I want to buy a New Nintendo 3ds but only freaking Xls are sold if at all.

:ultra:

Josquius

It seems that the switch launch has been a massive success.
I'm surprised. Considering the launch line up... It's basically 300 quid for zelda.
Maybe it has just come at the right time? Amidst the malaise of the world we need a new Nintendo?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

So far, no Switch shortages unlike the Wii or more recently, the New New Mini though.  :P