News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nintendo WTF

Started by The Minsky Moment, December 20, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Controllers feel slightly flimsier than the original ones.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

I kind of want to buy a Switch just so I can play Stardew Valley in bed  :blush:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Feels nice to switch from Super Probotector to Contra III. :)
My skills are pretty rusty though, I remember beating the game while now I barely finished the first level.  :blush:

Grey Fox

I have, like 8, other versions of Super Mario World but it's pretty cool to play with a proper controller again.

I missing the concave buttons tho, 20 years of muscle memory is coming back.

FunkMonk

Kinda want a Switch real bad. Might treat myself this Christmas to one. For those with one, how do you like it? And how's the battery life?

Duque de Bragança

Get a real controller, even if wired (cheaper and less generic), because the included Joy-Cons are stop gap at best for any serious gaming.
I loved the turn-based RPG tactical Super Mario. Reminds me of XCOM (the new one).
Bomberman R, while not great, has been improved by Konami and is cheaper (30 €) if you need a party game for 4-8 players.
The Street Fighter remake is not compulsory. Mario Kart 8 is always fun.
I have not played the new Super Mario Odyssey, nor Zelda Breath of the Wild but intend to.

PS: Can't tell about the battery life, I have been playing mostly in dock mode.

FunkMonk

I would likely get a Pro Controller as well.

I'm especially interested in the ability to undock the console and play it as a handheld on the couch or in bed if the gf wants to watch something on the TV. Also party games are a must especially since we often have friends over. My first games would probably be Zelda and Mario Odyssey though.

Grey Fox

Don't have a Switch but I have Zelda's on the WiiU.

Get it. It's worth all the money.

Re Switch; Usually never get a 1st iteration console of a portable Nintendo new generation & always get the 1st iteration console of a Home Nintendo generation.

With the Switch being a hybrid, don't know which way to lean.

Josquius

What interest I had in a switch has faded.
Its strange but none of the current generation of consoles appeal to me in anyway. Maybe when Red Dead 2 comes out as PS4 only my mind will change?
But as things stand...everything comes to PC anyway.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

I just bought a Switch and I'm sort of giddy with excitement. I got Zelda for half off but the eShop selection is very enticing right now. I'm spending more time in the eShop browsing potential purchases than anything else. I think this thing is going to eat up a lot of free time.  :blush:

Stardew Valley on the go  :blush: :blush: :blush:

Grey Fox

Zelda Botw is a great game.

garbon

A game starring Toad came out today. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

For both the Switch & 3DS family.
:huh:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/Nintendo-America%E2%80%99s-Reggie-Fils-Aime-Retire-Doug-Bowser

QuoteNintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime to Retire: Doug Bowser Named New President

[...]

"It has been my great fortune to work with and be mentored by Reggie for four years at Nintendo of America," Bowser said. "And rest assured, we will continue to build on his work to evolve and expand our brand, furthering Nintendo's global mission of creating smiles. There are millions more of those to come."

[...]

Bowser is an industry veteran who joined NOA in May 2015 as the Vice President of Sales before being promoted to Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing the next year. During his time at NOA, Bowser led the sales and marketing efforts for Nintendo Switch, which became the fastest-selling video game system of this hardware generation through 21 months, according to The NPD Group. Previously, Bowser was an executive with industry powerhouse Electronic Arts, most recently as the company's Vice President of Global Business Planning. He also worked at Procter & Gamble in various sales leadership roles in Asia, Latin America and the U.S.

[...]

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.