And we're back!

Main Menu

Westworld Discussion - SPOILERS!

Started by Berkut, December 07, 2016, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 21, 2018, 06:01:04 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 21, 2018, 05:01:23 PM
:huh: I think this season has been getting better and better with each episode! ShogunWorld is amazing. The story is clearly leading towards a confrontation between Maeve and Dolores (the latter being the villain) and I am excited to follow William's arc as well.
Dolores has a lot of ground to cover in that case.  She's still hanging around the beginning locations of the Westworld environment and Maeve is about to head out of Shogunworld.

The show still has plenty of seasons. According to the actors, season 1 was just the prologue to the story.

Josephus

Yeah, I found the Shogun arc pretty uninteresting.

Why do we think Maeve and Dolores are going to fight it out?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Solmyr

Maeve mostly wants the bots to be free, able to choose their own path and potentially coexist with humans. Dolores is all about remaking the bots in her own image, denying them freedom of choice. They basically have opposing ideologies regarding the future of their kind.

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on May 22, 2018, 01:34:21 AM

The show still has plenty of seasons. According to the actors, season 1 was just the prologue to the story.

That's actually a little disappointing.  I thought the first season was self contained and didn't really need a 2nd season.  I've been watching to see where they are going with this, but I'm kinda losing interest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2018, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 22, 2018, 01:34:21 AM

That's actually a little disappointing.  I thought the first season was self contained and didn't really need a 2nd season.  I've been watching to see where they are going with this, but I'm kinda losing interest.

That's my take on it. Season 1 had a pretty clear storyline despite all the twists and plot wizardry, and was pretty self-contained. But now the show really seems pretty convoluted and without a clear idea of where it's going. They seem to be flinging mud at the wall with loads of ideas, plot seeds, and pretentious claptrap, and see what sticks. Maybe they have a grander plan, maybe it will make all sense in the end, but I'm growing more skeptical after each episode.

Admiral Yi

In season 6 it will finally be revealed that every single character is a bot.  At that point the three people still watching will have gone insane wondering if they are humans dreaming of being butterflies or butterflies dreaming of being human.

The Minsky Moment

It's all very confusing, where's Yul Brenner?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Season One had, as Faulkner noted, "the human heart in conflict with itself."  Season Two seems seriously lacking in that.  Just a bunch of fanatics and some confused dudes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

If there is a Season 3, I'm hoping they discover SexWorld
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

No discussion on that last episode. Yeah, it sucked.
Civis Romanus Sum

Zoupa

The dialogue writing is just terrible, especially for Dolores.

This show thinks it's way more clever than it is.

Sophie Scholl

The red shirts from Star Trek get together with Star Wars stormtroopers to laugh at the ineptitude, terrible aim, constant dying, and general uselessness of Delos security forces.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

I am really half arsed in my watching of s2. S1 it isn't..

I do wonder just where this theme park is. Seems with s2 to be an island somewhere but how is it so huge. Just how huge is it?
And why is west world the central piece?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2018, 01:25:54 AM
I am really half arsed in my watching of s2. S1 it isn't..

I do wonder just where this theme park is. Seems with s2 to be an island somewhere but how is it so huge. Just how huge is it?
And why is west world the central piece?

Has some intereting biomes doesn't it.  North American scrub land and mesas, Indian jungles, mountainous Japanese forests...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Well, Episode 8 was fucking awesome.