News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FFXV

Started by garbon, December 02, 2016, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2016, 01:28:50 PM
What I liked about the previews was that it looks to be set in a modern day fantasy world as opposed to the usual medieval setting.

It seems you haven't played most FF games, they're usually not in a medieval setting.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: grumbler on December 03, 2016, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 02:38:09 PM
Quote from: PRC on December 03, 2016, 12:40:21 AM
Conan O'Brian reviews FFXV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

OK, that is actually hilarious.

Best one yet, and that's saying something.

The one for The Witcher: WH had me rolling even more.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

Syt

Quote from: Ancient Demon on December 03, 2016, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2016, 01:28:50 PM
What I liked about the previews was that it looks to be set in a modern day fantasy world as opposed to the usual medieval setting.

It seems you haven't played most FF games, they're usually not in a medieval setting.

See my comment above, I haven't really played any of them. The most I played was FF14 during the free month that comes with purchase (picked it up during a sale). I liked it but I didn't think it worth 15 or so bucks per month.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 03, 2016, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2016, 09:07:08 AM
I never quite understood we went from Final Fantasy III to Final Fantasy VII.

Because Nintendo of America. 3 is actually 6.

NA & RoW has the same FF1, NA's FF2 is RoW FF4, NA's FF3 is RoW FF6.

3 is not 6, not in America not in Japan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2016, 08:52:52 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 03, 2016, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2016, 09:07:08 AM
I never quite understood we went from Final Fantasy III to Final Fantasy VII.

Because Nintendo of America. 3 is actually 6.

NA & RoW has the same FF1, NA's FF2 is RoW FF4, NA's FF3 is RoW FF6.

3 is not 6, not in America not in Japan.

Razgovory, calm down.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

VIII was a good game, VII was a masterpiece. I even bought it in the remastered version, for nostalgia's sake - I tried to complete the original game by finding every object and materia in the game, but failed; my 2015 self did not even start a serious walkthrough  :-D

The following I did not play, but if this new one is good, I may give it a spin.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

So far the story is a bit odd/off but I think it is really nice having the constant banter between all the party members. Feels a bit more at the core of the adventure than the interactions between party members in the DA games.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

The FF games are currently 50% off on Steam. They have III - XIV, I think.

Also, I think a game series with 15 official entries (not counting spin offs like Tactics), shouldn't have "Final" in the title. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.