2017 impeachment - because it's never too early

Started by DGuller, November 11, 2016, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Or in a thread about American politics, where half the people just voted for Trump.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2016, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 13, 2016, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2016, 10:49:44 PM
From a strictly policy standpoint, Trump is actually the least scary Republican in the lot, since he isn't really a Republican at all.

Exactly. The idea of President Pence is frankly horrifying.

....but the things that make Trump horrifying have nothing to do with policy, so it isn't like he is actually better.

If he decides to nuke Iran because he just doesn't like them, the fact that it isn't motivated by some ideology won't make it any better.

Yup. Predictable bad policy is preferable to unpredictable bad policy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: saskganesh on November 13, 2016, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2016, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 13, 2016, 02:47:43 PMWho? Name them.

CdM. garbon. Zoupa. Tim.
Wow. Those guys are only leftists if one is so far to the right, one can't see the centre.

You've been gone a long time. I've moved quite far to the left domestically in the last 7 years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Given how predictable and how bad real GOP policy is, I'm so not sure.  Maybe I'm being highly delusional, but now that the two options are both clisterfucks of epic proportions, a crippling fight between GOP and Trump is the only scenario that gives me hope. 

alfred russel

considering he just picked reince priebus as his chief of staff, it seems unlikely there will be a civil war. It seems as though after completing a hostile takeover of the republican party, he is content to give the positions of power to the people he took it from.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on November 13, 2016, 05:32:57 PM
considering he just picked reince priebus as his chief of staff, it seems unlikely there will be a civil war. It seems as though after completing a hostile takeover of the republican party, he is content to give the positions of power to the people he took it from.

Donald J. Trump has no earthly idea what a chief of staff is, what he does, or what purpose it serves--nor does he care. 

Priebus, just like he and Pence during the campaign, will be the Translator-in-Chief and the bridge to the party.  They will be dealing with the day-to-day management of governing.

QuoteStephen K. Bannon will serve as chief strategist and senior counselor

#Rasputin

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on November 13, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

He had four campaign managers over the course of little more than a year. I expect his Chief of Staff to have the same turnover.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 13, 2016, 05:25:01 PM

You've been gone a long time. I've moved quite far to the left domestically in the last 7 years.
7 years is a very long time.  I guess I missed a few things. :hmm:
humans were created in their own image

DGuller

I think over the years Languish has been converging to a political center-left (by American standards anyway).  The imbecile right-wingers are either gone or are still being imbeciles, but almost everyone else on the right spectrum  has moved at least a couple of notches to the left.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on November 14, 2016, 11:36:21 PM
I think over the years Languish has been converging to a political center-left (by American standards anyway).  The imbecile right-wingers are either gone or are still being imbeciles, but almost everyone else on the right spectrum  has moved at least a couple of notches to the left.

Fuck you. 

Edmunde Burke remains, as always, my loadstone.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Don't engage (((DGuller))).  It only encourages him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2016, 11:45:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 14, 2016, 11:36:21 PM

Fuck you. 

Edmunde Burke remains, as always, my loadstone.
Okay, I'll give you that.  You're the one non-imbecile right-winger who never moved any left.  If anything, maybe you've even moved a bit to the right.