News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Art Imitates Life: The Tyranny Thread

Started by Grinning_Colossus, November 11, 2016, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

So, is it any good? Should I spend Thanksgiving break playing it instead of studying for finals?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Alcibiades

Forums I've been on have been ranting about it.  Better story than PoE etc.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Zanza

I played it a bit and it has an interesting faction system and just about everything you do will gather wrath or favor with the factions and also loyalty or fear of your companions. Haven't played long enough to say whether the story is great.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

If you pledge in the Pillars of Eternity II campaign you get a 33 or 50% off coupon! https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

:P

I am going to get it once I get my hands on my digital coupon so I will let you know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Sorry dude but I don't pay for stuff before it's come out, or typically even right after.  Gotten burned before (remember Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor? :bleeding: )

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 23, 2017, 06:06:45 PM
Sorry dude but I don't pay for stuff before it's come out, or typically even right after.  Gotten burned before (remember Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor? :bleeding: )

Somebody got their hard drive formatted.

I got burned with Myth II.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Nah, I wasn't THAT unfortunate.  It was just a huge waste of time and money.  I actually met some of the devs at GenCon before it was released.  I wish I had given them a kick in the nuts. :(

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 23, 2017, 06:06:45 PM
(remember Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor? :bleeding: )

Yeah. I remember reading over development thinking how shitty it looked especially compared to how Bioware was describing that other FR game they were working on :P

But, of course, if you pay for PoE II before it comes out you can buy it for much cheaper than if you buy it on release, which is not the same as pre-orders. Just saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

I'm going to pick it up off steam.  I've been trying to get into the Witcher 3 but it's just not connecting for me.  I need a party based RPG.  Also the plot of the game seems intriguing. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I started playing Tyranny last night.  Pretty neat so far.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2017, 09:43:14 AM
I started playing Tyranny last night.  Pretty neat so far.

Yeah I saw you got it on steam. I hope it stays 'pretty neat' through the whole play through.

Caliga

It was a little weird not being able to pick a race, and so far I have only encountered humans. :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2017, 12:53:59 PM
It was a little weird not being able to pick a race, and so far I have only encountered humans. :hmm:

Maybe the evil wizard who rules the world is a bigot who had all the other races exterminated.

Caliga

I'm hoping eventually you get to see him and he looks like Trump. :lol: