What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Weird tweets even for the President:
QuoteA blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he's a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!
QuoteMatt Couch
🎙
@RealMattCouch
Trump Calls For Investigation Into Joe Scarborough For Murder of Staffer in 2001
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

I like how he had to throw in the bad ratings :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2020, 08:03:32 AM
Wearing a mask is surrendering to fear. Things these strong man will go to enormous length to not appear to be.

Wearing a mask is showing respect for the lives of others.  Things these strong men couldn't give a slightest shit about.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

My mask was called a COVID mask by a lady on the street today. I don't know why that surprised me so much since honestly, that's what it is. :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

I call mine Japanese Vending Machine Panties.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Stop lying, Swedish ubermensches don't wear masks.

The Brain

Can you please stop calling me out on my lies?

Sheilbh

I think the UK still generally doesn't wear masks - as a mask truther I find this distressing.

I think the current guidance is wear them on public transport or other crowded indoor spaces, but no need to wear them outside. Workplaces that didnt' need some form of PPE before lockdown are fairly unlikely to lead any now - big exception is probably retail.

I'm convinced this is wrong and we should all be wearing masks. But even friends who work for the NHS are still saying it makes no difference outside of a clinical setting etc etc <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-administration-considered-a-nuclear-bomb-test-washington-post-2020-5?r=DE&IR=T

QuoteThe Trump administration reportedly considered conducting the first nuclear test explosion in 28 years in response to China and Russia

The Trump administration considered whether to conduct the first US nuclear test explosion in 28 years in a recent meeting with top security officials, according to the Washington Post.

The prospect of restarting testing reportedly came up in a meeting with officials from top national security agencies on Friday, May 15, after Russia and China were accused of performing low-yield nuclear tests — allegations both countries have denied.

An anonymous senior administration official told The Post that a US "rapid test" could offer leverage in arms negotiations with Russia and China, as the White House pushes for a trilateral arms control deal.

It would be the first time in 28 years since the US conducted a nuclear test explosion.

After intense debate among the security officials, the discussion ended without any agreement. However, a senior administration official quoted said the proposal is "very much an ongoing conversation."

Daryl Kimball, executive director of the Arms Control Association, told The Post: "It would be an invitation for other nuclear-armed countries to follow suit."

"It would be the starting gun to an unprecedented nuclear arms race. You would also disrupt the negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who may no longer feel compelled to honor his moratorium on nuclear testing," Kimbal added.

The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty that prohibits all nuclear explosions was signed by the US and the four other officially recognized nuclear weapons powers in 1996. But the Senate voted not to ratify the treaty.

Conducting a nuclear test explosion could terminate the treaty, and could reignite fears of a new arms race.

Hans Kristensen, director of the nuclear information project at the Federation of American Scientists, said: "I've heard officials speculate the US might have to test if confidence in the stockpile eroded, but never that it could be used to coerce anyone into negotiations."

"That's completely nuts. They must be getting desperate. Instead, what it certainly would do is push China and all the other nuclear-armed states to test as well. How can someone in their right mind think that would be in the security interest of the United States or its allies?"

To date, the US is the only country in the world that ever used a nuclear weapon during wartime. Since the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, at least eight countries have collectively conducted about 2,000 nuclear tests. Of these tests, more than 1,000 were carried out by the US, according to The Post.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I shudder to think of all the things that have been considered by the Trump administration, given what has gotten the green light.

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2020, 06:47:00 AM
I'm convinced this is wrong and we should all be wearing masks. But even friends who work for the NHS are still saying it makes no difference outside of a clinical setting etc etc <_<

I'd say it makes quite the difference, if only from the anecdotal experience.

Early in the year we had a bug go through 20% of the office staff. Now we're wearing PPEs and despite several confirmed cases of COVID we can't point to a single case of at-work transmission.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2020, 07:29:06 AM
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-administration-considered-a-nuclear-bomb-test-washington-post-2020-5?r=DE&IR=T

QuoteThe Trump administration reportedly considered conducting the first nuclear test explosion in 28 years in response to China and Russia

The Trump administration considered whether to conduct the first US nuclear test explosion in 28 years in a recent meeting with top security officials, according to the Washington Post.

The prospect of restarting testing reportedly came up in a meeting with officials from top national security agencies on Friday, May 15, after Russia and China were accused of performing low-yield nuclear tests — allegations both countries have denied.

An anonymous senior administration official told The Post that a US "rapid test" could offer leverage in arms negotiations with Russia and China, as the White House pushes for a trilateral arms control deal.

It would be the first time in 28 years since the US conducted a nuclear test explosion.

After intense debate among the security officials, the discussion ended without any agreement. However, a senior administration official quoted said the proposal is "very much an ongoing conversation."

Daryl Kimball, executive director of the Arms Control Association, told The Post: "It would be an invitation for other nuclear-armed countries to follow suit."

"It would be the starting gun to an unprecedented nuclear arms race. You would also disrupt the negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who may no longer feel compelled to honor his moratorium on nuclear testing," Kimbal added.

The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty that prohibits all nuclear explosions was signed by the US and the four other officially recognized nuclear weapons powers in 1996. But the Senate voted not to ratify the treaty.

Conducting a nuclear test explosion could terminate the treaty, and could reignite fears of a new arms race.

Hans Kristensen, director of the nuclear information project at the Federation of American Scientists, said: "I've heard officials speculate the US might have to test if confidence in the stockpile eroded, but never that it could be used to coerce anyone into negotiations."

"That's completely nuts. They must be getting desperate. Instead, what it certainly would do is push China and all the other nuclear-armed states to test as well. How can someone in their right mind think that would be in the security interest of the United States or its allies?"

To date, the US is the only country in the world that ever used a nuclear weapon during wartime. Since the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, at least eight countries have collectively conducted about 2,000 nuclear tests. Of these tests, more than 1,000 were carried out by the US, according to The Post.

They still wondering if it will explode... :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Exactly what 2020 needs now: nuclear explosions.

The Larch

The governor of Kentucky, hung in effigy in the garden of his official residence.

Video: https://twitter.com/ladd_sarah/status/1264745614748930051