What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2018, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2018, 05:29:52 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 12, 2018, 05:22:59 PM
Such a special relationship!

New of this interview surfaced at the welcoming dinner given in his honour; we should just show him the door and kick him out.

Hard to see how he could damage May's and the UK's position more.

The level of ignorance he displays is astonishing, people need to stand up to this bully and tell him were to go.

Too bad May is 'in charge'...

Well yes.

But I don't think she deserve this, she is after all our Prime Minister during a crucial historical event, there's no time to choose anyone else, Tory coup d'etat or general election.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

She took the job and held his hand. Bitch gets what she deserves. #nosexism
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2018, 06:49:02 PM

I'm trying to look beyond the party politics and the politician, we're at a watershed moment and the leader of our closet ally seems in league with destabilising forces at work in the world and also within the government party.

I think he believes he can play king-maker for PM Boris Johnson.

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 12, 2018, 04:01:55 PM
People who support deregulation are not generous and kind.

Not sure I ever claimed to be.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

I'm trying to look beyond the party politics and the politician, we're at a watershed moment and the leader of our closet ally seems in league with destabilising forces at work in the world and also within the government party.

I don't think it is really party politics to recognise that Britain has a leader who is, if not actively, tacitly driving Britain off a cliff through her spineless ways. Her interactions with Trump are just another manifestation of that character flaw.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2018, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

I don't think it is really party politics to recognise that Britain has a leader who is, if not actively, tacitly driving Britain off a cliff through her spineless ways. Her interactions with Trump are just another manifestation of that character flaw.

Then I don't think we're in disagreement. :hug:

Just very little can be done about it.

garbon

Nah, that's where we depart. Brits might suffer through as a matter of national pride but that's not the spirit of America. We might be taking a bruising with Trump, but we are generally more about 'where there is a will, there is a way.' :)

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2018, 06:27:08 PM

But I don't think she deserve this, she is after all our Prime Minister during a crucial historical event, there's no time to choose anyone else, Tory coup d'etat or general election.

If you can replace a PM on 10 May 1940 you can do it now. No Winstons waiting in the wings, though.

celedhring

I know I should be flabbergasted at everything he's said, but for some reason I can't get past the fact that an US president has given an exclusive interview - of all British media - to the friggin' Sun  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on July 13, 2018, 08:31:22 AM
I know I should be flabbergasted at everything he's said, but for some reason I can't get past the fact that an US president has given an exclusive interview - of all British media - to the friggin' Sun  :lol:

No he hasn't.  That's now fake news.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on July 13, 2018, 08:31:22 AM

The Sun is owned by his good buddy Rupert Murdoch.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Barrister

I recognize Corbyn, but otherwise what are we looking at there G?

garbon

Just Corbyn at the anti-Trump demonstration.

Barrister

Putting aside the enormous and massive impropriety of Trump criticizing May for her approach on Brexit and publicly endorsing one of her biggest rivals...

He is right about one thing though, isn't he?  If the UK signs a deal like May prefers, which largely keeps the UK inside the single market, it would prevent the UK from signing an individual trade deal with the US, wouldn't it?