What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2018, 08:46:53 PM
I mean I get that Pelosi is a political schemer and a shit leader who bizarrely always gets put in authority anyway (probably due to the scheming part) but why is she hated so much? I generally just regard her as a symptom of the general putridness of Congress in general than anything else. Congress rarely passes bills of any significance so any legislation she has helped pass that is particularly odious?

I felt, when I was one of her constituents, that she didn't actually do all that much for my area.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2018, 08:44:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2018, 08:38:20 PM
I don't even see how it is a question. Pelosi has been a known entity for decades (quick check says she's been in congress since the late 80s) while Un has been in power for just 7 years - and in power outside of America.

Most Trump supporters are going to be aware that Fat Boy insulted their fuhrer and threatened to rain nuclear destruction on the US before they became besties.  Whereas with Nancy, I'm thinking most of them would be hard pressed to name anything she actually did.  And the original statement was about mis*deeds*.

And they can meaningfully differentiate him from his father Il?

Nancy could easily be blamed for much of the Obama era / as a rep for Sodom by the Bay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2018, 08:46:53 PM
I mean I get that Pelosi is a political schemer and a shit leader who bizarrely always gets put in authority anyway (probably due to the scheming part) but why is she hated so much? I generally just regard her as a symptom of the general putridness of Congress in general than anything else. Congress rarely passes bills of any significance so any legislation she has helped pass that is particularly odious?

She's actually good at her job of whipping the caucus together and getting them to vote her way.

An effective woman in opposition to us!? We must demonize her!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2018, 08:51:49 PM
And they can meaningfully differentiate him from his father Il?

Even the most opaque white boy can tell the difference between skinny dorky perm and lardy ridiculous faux soccer do.  One Trump supporter I've talked to was playing up the meeting (don't know how he views the shit box deal) as a major diplomatic triumph. 

FYI Korean given names are two syllables.  All hail Leader Kim.  How's it hanging Jong-Il?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

DGuller

I don't even see how it is a question. Pelosi has been a known entity for decades (quick check says she's been in congress since the late 80s) while Un has been in power for just 7 years - and in power outside of America.

Most Trump supporters are going to be aware that Fat Boy insulted their fuhrer and threatened to rain nuclear destruction on the US before they became besties.  Whereas with Nancy, I'm thinking most of them would be hard pressed to name anything she actually did.  And the original statement was about mis*deeds*.
Why does it matter whether the right wingers know what Pelosi did?  Knowing what a Democratic politician you're told to despise actually did is not necessary, in fact it's usually counter-productive for that purpose.  All you need to know is who she is.

Razgovory

Oh, I imagine they believe she has endorsed MS-13.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on June 21, 2018, 10:47:09 PM
Why does it matter whether the right wingers know what Pelosi did?

For, like, a bet man. :mellow:

Admiral Yi

QuoteThe latest Gallup poll puts Trump's job approval at 45%. That's the highest it's been since he took office, and it's up from 37% at the start of the year. Although you'd barely know it from the press Trump gets, his approval number has been on a slow but relatively steady rise all year.

From Investor Daily.

We are so fucked.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2018, 02:04:16 AM
QuoteThe latest Gallup poll puts Trump's job approval at 45%. That's the highest it's been since he took office, and it's up from 37% at the start of the year. Although you'd barely know it from the press Trump gets, his approval number has been on a slow but relatively steady rise all year.

From Investor Daily.

We are so fucked.

That's from the 11th to the 17th. It doesn't cover the last week's meltdown.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Republicans know that Kim is a Communist, a dictator and (most importantly) a man. That's plenty to make him look better to them than Pelosi.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2018, 02:08:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2018, 02:04:16 AM

From Investor Daily.

We are so fucked.

That's from the 11th to the 17th. It doesn't cover the last week's meltdown.

But it covers the meltdowns until the 10th. You guys are fucked, well you might have escaped.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

I expect Trump will get a 15-20 point bounce when we go to war with Canada.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 22, 2018, 04:45:16 AM
I expect Trump will get a 15-20 point bounce when we go to war with Canada.

At least, didn't Bush get a 20 point bump when he went to war with Terror?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk