What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2017, 04:36:13 AM
Good to know Democrats are still slightly above child molesters in the esteem of the Alabamian electorate.

Yeah its a good result of course, but it's not like it was a landslide.

celedhring

Looks like the women vote was pretty key. (carrying the black vote in a landslide is about what I'd expect in a "normal" election)

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2017, 06:35:45 AM
(carrying the black vote in a landslide is about what I'd expect in a "normal" election)

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2017, 06:44:25 AM
(carrying the black vote in a landslide is about what I'd expect in a "normal" election)

:huh:

What's unexpected about Democrats overwhelmingly winning the black vote in an election, this day and age?

Just thought that given the issues at play with Moore, women seem to have been more sensitive to them than men.

garbon

I think is typical that yes, blacks will go for a Dem but that % is even higher than Obama got among blacks and he is actually black. So while I think, yes you'd expect black voters to go for Dems when they show up, that was basically a complete shutout.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2017, 06:58:08 AM
I think is typical that yes, blacks will go for a Dem but that % is even higher than Obama got among blacks and he is actually black. So while I think, yes you'd expect black voters to go for Dems when they show up, that was basically a complete shutout.

Fair enough. I've been looking for the vote breakdown by race in Alabama in the presidential election, but can't find it anywhere (probably wasn't surveyed since it was far from a battleground state).

Solmyr

Lolz, even r/The_Donald is critical of Moore. :lmfao:

Grey Fox

Trump has taken thing pretty well so far.

It never ends!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

My melanin brothers in Bama are typically all but unanimous. That is a 10% swing Jones way. That's surprising.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2017, 06:58:08 AM

It's slightly higher than Obama got but pretty close. 2008 95% v 4% 2012 93% v 6% but yeah, better than a white candidate would normally expect (88% v 12% for Hil, 88% v 11% for Kerry; 90% v 10% for Gore).

Not sure how Moore could have been expected to guess that openly praising slavery would be such a turn off for black voters.

jimmy olsen

Looks like the women vote was pretty key. (carrying the black vote in a landslide is about what I'd expect in a "normal" election)

The age breakdown was good too. It was a landslide for Jones in every bracket under 40
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on December 13, 2017, 08:12:36 AM
Lolz, even r/The_Donald is critical of Moore. :lmfao:
He's outlived his usefulness, so there is no longer a need to stay in denial about him to be able to sleep at night.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2017, 11:50:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 12, 2017, 11:38:03 PM
Results fully in

Doug Jones    Democrat 670,551 49.9% 

Roy Moore    Republican  649,240 48.4 

Total Write-Ins    —  22,777 1.7

Well push me over with a feather.

I have to admit in this highly polarized country I didn't think something like that was still possible.

All that Languish pre-bitching about Ol' Roy winning was for nothing :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Yep, turns out we had nothing to worry about at all, Moore couldn't even crack the 49% mark.

derspiess

Never in doubt.

edit: I will say, though, that the moment I saw Roy riding in on a horse even though he had no idea how to ride one, I thought he had a shot  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall