What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on August 22, 2017, 07:15:38 AM
So.  No one here to discuss about the new Afghan plan?  The one so secret even the generals seem clueless about it?

Was it a very good plan, or a very very good plan? If it's just a very good plan then there is nothing to get excited about yet.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on August 22, 2017, 07:15:38 AM
So.  No one here to discuss about the new Afghan plan?

What "new" Afghan plan?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

The Minsky Moment

It probably has something to do with Afghanistan though.  Surely Trump's babysitters will get at least that part right.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 01:35:08 AM
Quote from: dps on August 21, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
The idea that it is dangerous to look very briefly into the sun - solar eclipse or not - is really stupid.

No, it's quite true that it's dangerous to look directly at the sun, eclipse or not.  It's not hugely dangerous--people do it every day with no harm done, but there is a danger.

The idea that it's more dangerous to look directly at the sun during an eclipse is quite stupid.  But generally, when they say not to, they're not saying that because they think it's more dangerous during an eclipse, but simply because more people are likely to look during an eclipse.

And twitter had a lot of people saying they had stared at it with and their eyes hurt...

They are stupid if they stared at the sun. A quick glance is harmless though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2017, 11:54:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 06:33:43 AM
WTF?

Hey man, it's your President and his state-run media arm.

Nope. I didn't vote for him, I don't live in his jurisdiction and nor do I pay him any taxes. :yeah:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 12:01:55 PM
WTF?

Nope. I didn't vote for him, I don't live in his jurisdiction and nor do I pay him any taxes. :yeah:

So, just another nosey ass Euro.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 12:01:55 PM
WTF?

Have you renounced your citizenship?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

The Brits are going to send him home soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
The Brits are going to send him home soon.

Still got 2.5 years!

Not sure if America will survive that long.   ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?