What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on August 21, 2017, 11:17:11 AM
In other exciting news, it appears many Secret Service agents can no longer be paid for their overtime due to the demands of looking after Mr. Trump and his assorted family members: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/21/secret-service-cant-pay-agents-because-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family/529075001/

QuoteWASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

"The president has a large family, and our responsibility is required in law,'' Alles said. "I can't change that. I have no flexibility.''

Always make sure you pay the Praetorian Guard.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Modi's pants are a dairy factory as Trump bitches about Pakistan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: dps on August 21, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
The idea that it is dangerous to look very briefly into the sun - solar eclipse or not - is really stupid.

No, it's quite true that it's dangerous to look directly at the sun, eclipse or not.  It's not hugely dangerous--people do it every day with no harm done, but there is a danger.

The idea that it's more dangerous to look directly at the sun during an eclipse is quite stupid.  But generally, when they say not to, they're not saying that because they think it's more dangerous during an eclipse, but simply because more people are likely to look during an eclipse.

And twitter had a lot of people saying they had stared at it with and their eyes hurt...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I see Paul Ryan has finally had the courage to say Trump 'messed up with his Charlottesville comments.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on August 21, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
The idea that it is dangerous to look very briefly into the sun - solar eclipse or not - is really stupid.

No, it's quite true that it's dangerous to look directly at the sun, eclipse or not.  It's not hugely dangerous--people do it every day with no harm done, but there is a danger.

The idea that it's more dangerous to look directly at the sun during an eclipse is quite stupid.  But generally, when they say not to, they're not saying that because they think it's more dangerous during an eclipse, but simply because more people are likely to look during an eclipse.

Beightness of the sun usually causes you to squint and look away. In an eclipse it's dark, your pupils dilate and people look longer, while UV boils their eyes
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Good to see you guys are obsessed with the real issue of the day, like the rest of the world: how long did Trump stare at the sun? Was it 1, 2, maybe 3 seconds, and was that 1, 2, or 3 seconds longer than healthy?

Seriously?

How about we don't help the guy dismiss valid criticism, by jumping on every little stupid meaningless idiocy he does and chewing them longer than the true scandals?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2017, 04:08:37 AM
Good to see you guys are obsessed with the real issue of the day, like the rest of the world: how long did Trump stare at the sun? Was it 1, 2, maybe 3 seconds, and was that 1, 2, or 3 seconds longer than healthy?

Seriously?

How about we don't help the guy dismiss valid criticism, by jumping on every little stupid meaningless idiocy he does and chewing them longer than the true scandals?

Strange from what I saw those posts were nearly all about people staring at the sun in general. Of course, I don't have an axe to grind. ;)

CountDeMoney

Seriously?

Who are you going to believe:  us, or your own lying eyes?

QuoteWas the president being reckless with his retinas? Setting a bad example for others? Hardly, according to Tucker Carlson.

"In a move that is not a complete surprise, he looked directly at the sun without any glasses," Carlson marveled on his Fox News show, "perhaps the most impressive thing any president has ever done."

Carlson delivered the line with a straight face, perhaps the most impressive thing any TV host has ever done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/21/trump-looking-at-the-eclipse-without-glasses-is-perhaps-the-most-impressive-thing-any-president-has-ever-done-says-tucker-carlson/

Only Donald J. Trump can stare at the sun, and force the sun to blink first.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2017, 06:16:15 AM

Seriously?

QuoteWas the president being reckless with his retinas? Setting a bad example for others? Hardly, according to Tucker Carlson.

"In a move that is not a complete surprise, he looked directly at the sun without any glasses," Carlson marveled on his Fox News show, "perhaps the most impressive thing any president has ever done."

Carlson delivered the line with a straight face, perhaps the most impressive thing any TV host has ever done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/21/trump-looking-at-the-eclipse-without-glasses-is-perhaps-the-most-impressive-thing-any-president-has-ever-done-says-tucker-carlson/

WTF?

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2017, 06:16:15 AM

Seriously?

Surely you can't be serious.

Tamas

Come to think of it though, the recently acquired, now pro-government TV station in Hungary was repeatedly trying to convince people that sunscreen causes cancer and they should NOT use it when sunbathing. Trying to have your followers inflict self-harm must be the new fashion.

viper37

So.  No one here to discuss about the new Afghan plan?  The one so secret even the generals seem clueless about it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.