What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I think he thinks that the GOP could simply reinstate him as President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Deja vu on incels here.
Incels despite their origins in being purely guys who are sad they can't get laid have very much developed into their own far right subculture

Quote from: Malthus on October 14, 2021, 05:30:54 PM
It's funny - but I wonder how badly it dates those who get it. Do comics still advertise those toy soldiers these days? I don't even know. Last time I saw an actual comic book was like thirty years ago.
Can't say I've ever seen toy soldiers advertised in a comic (kids these days - what's a comic?) but I get it. Works as a general poster.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2021, 02:21:43 PM
Deja vu on incels here.
Incels despite their origins in being purely guys who are sad they can't get laid have very much developed into their own far right subculture

Quote from: Malthus on October 14, 2021, 05:30:54 PM
It's funny - but I wonder how badly it dates those who get it. Do comics still advertise those toy soldiers these days? I don't even know. Last time I saw an actual comic book was like thirty years ago.
Can't say I've ever seen toy soldiers advertised in a comic (kids these days - what's a comic?) but I get it. Works as a general poster.

True, but it is perhaps more funny if you remember the actual ad this one is parodying. The ad promised some huge number of toy soldiers with illustrations of various types the kit came with (so many holding a bazooka, so many with machine guns, a few commanders, etc.).

Examples here: https://michtoy-from-the-front.blogspot.com/2014/03/toys-in-attic-comic-book-toy-soldiers.html?m=1
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2021, 02:21:43 PM
Deja vu on incels here.

There's a strong correlation but it's not a requirement.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Trump's statement on Colin Powell's death:

Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

He has really settled into the role of elder statesman.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Zanza

He is the very definition of indecency.

I expect people to literally celebrate when he eventually dies.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on October 19, 2021, 01:53:27 PM
He has really settled into the role of elder statesman.
"But anyway, may he rest in peace" sounds like something my nan would say at a wake after half an hour of whispered ranting :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

In the South of the USA it would be "Bless his heart."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

If Powell was "always the first to attack fellow Republicans," it was because Trump's lack of mental agility doomed him to be second.  That's why it took Trump 36 hours to prepare a 63-word statement attacking a fellow republican.  But Trump was first this time!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Man, trump and his projection, he has even taken to using already established attacks on him against others.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Trump's reaction to Meghan McCain's new book:

QuoteStatement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

Isn't it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of "The View." At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO's RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the "Trump Train." In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her "physically ill." She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

It's quite amazing witnessing a human being powered single handedly by spite.