What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 07, 2020, 08:37:00 PM
Nah, some are honest cold-hearted bastards.
you need us to compensate from your bleeding hearts.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Threviel

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 07, 2020, 06:01:21 PM
Lincoln Project ads are kinda garbage but that's the point.

The ads put out by Republican Voters Against Trump are probably more effective at convincing some conservatives to not vote for Donald again. https://twitter.com/RVAT2020/status/1280486725165502464

Man, I would vote for that guy, how the mighty have fallen.

Sheilbh

The President's screaming on Twitter again about "PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT!" and "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!" (I will never not find that concept hilarious). Does anyone know what this might be about? Have I missed something? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2020, 08:39:22 AM
The President's screaming on Twitter again about "PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT!" and "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!" (I will never not find that concept hilarious). Does anyone know what this might be about? Have I missed something? :mellow:
There we go:
QuoteBREAKING: TRUMP LOSES SUPREME COURT BATTLE WITH NEW YORK PROSECUTOR OVER HIS TAXES AND FINANCIAL RECORDS
Vote is 7-2. Chief Justice Roberts writes.

Thomas and Alito dissent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

So both his nominees voted with majority. Lol.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Syt

Long article about Trump ignoring Russian arms to the Taliban while pushing the CIA to cooperate with Russia in counterterrorism:

https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/trump-pushed-cia-to-give-intelligence-to-kremlin-while-taking-no-action-against-russia-arming-taliban/

Nothing really new, but good, well sourced summary.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

One thing is for sure.  Trump isn't going after the middle school English teacher vote.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

fromtia

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2020, 11:43:29 AM
One thing is for sure.  Trump isn't going after the middle school English teacher vote.

I think he's hoping to kill them off.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Sheilbh

Interesting - I think we might be finding the floor of Trump's hardcore support:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 10, 2020, 07:34:11 AM
Interesting - I think we might be finding the floor of Trump's hardcore support:

Amazing that at one point 55% of Americans thought he was handling Anything well.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Since I don't know how any sane person can think Trump is handling Covid well, I have to conclude from that poll that 33% of Americans probably believe it's not a real virus, fake news, liberal media made it all up, etc.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points