What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 27, 2020, 10:08:31 AM
I hadn't spotted his gloating at lay-offs at The Atlantic - just a horrible man:
QuoteGreat News: The boring but very nasty magazine, The Atlantic, is rapidly failing, going down the tubes, and has just been forced to announce it is laying off at least 20% of its staff in order to limp into the future. This is a tough time to be in the Fake News Business!

Huge fan of "boring but very nasty" :lol:

I did like them better when they were more centrist. Back when such a thing still existed.

The Brain

The GOP think their Cheat Fu is weak?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

The GOP president just used a private platform to announce that he wants to limit the cherished American freedom of speech. But I guess the "constitutionalists" among his fan base will be able to somehow twist their perspective to point out that this is what the constitution actually means.

Syt

Like many idiots, he wants freedom of speech to mean freedom from being critcized (but only his own opinion).

I expect Twitter to backpedal, because The Rump is too lucrative an account to have on the platform.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Offending the President personally is probably a dangerous business decision for an American company.

Even this one who talks a great deal but does very little.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 27, 2020, 11:22:16 AM
Like many idiots, he wants freedom of speech to mean freedom from being critcized (but only his own opinion).

I expect Twitter to backpedal, because The Rump is too lucrative an account to have on the platform.

But Trump is a Twitter addict.  He (personally at least) doesn't use any other social media platforms.  And it's only six months till the election.  I think Jack Dorsey and Twitter have more power than you think.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Imagine the horrors of Trump's TikTok account.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on May 27, 2020, 12:37:24 PM

But Trump is a Twitter addict.  He (personally at least) doesn't use any other social media platforms.  And it's only six months till the election.  I think Jack Dorsey and Twitter have more power than you think.

I didn't know Dorsey owned Twitter.  That explains so much...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 27, 2020, 01:39:27 PM

It's a publicly traded company so he doesn't own it.  He founded it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on May 27, 2020, 01:39:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 27, 2020, 12:37:24 PM

But our Dorsey is Ken. And he's not really Dorsey but just a fan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Trump could do what our local alt-right weirdos have done and move to VKontakte. I'm sure Putin can arrange all the perks for him there. :D

The Minsky Moment

Is it?  What do they monetize off it?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson