What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Republicans have already murdered one Governor of Kentucky...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 24, 2020, 10:39:24 PM
I call my mask a Freedom Mask.

I am still waiting for M.A.S.K masks.  :glare:

Admiral Yi

Trump has threatened to move the GOP convention from North Carolina unless the Democratic governor lifts the half-occupancy rule.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2020, 11:02:00 PM
Trump has threatened to move the GOP convention from North Carolina unless the Democratic governor lifts the half-occupancy rule.

Jesus. I mean whether or not you agree with that rule that is really some bullshit.

Don't the Republicans worry what all these attacks on the sovereignty of the states is going to mean as far as precedents?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2020, 11:07:15 PM
Jesus. I mean whether or not you agree with that rule that is really some bullshit.

Don't the Republicans worry what all these attacks on the sovereignty of the states is going to mean as far as precedents?

I don't see it as an attack on state sovereignty for the same reason I didn't see various companies decisions to threaten to pull events if North Carolina didn't revoke their boys only pee with boys law.  Having a convention anywhere is a free choice after all.

I thought it was funny because Trump wants to jam a couple thousand conventioneer loons in boaters (and himself) into a room and have them cough on each other.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2020, 11:02:00 PM

I don't think precedent will mean much going forward. If the GOP does it then it's fine, but if Democrats do it then it will be denounced and fought tooth and nail, regardless of precedents.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2020, 11:12:18 PM

I don't see it as an attack on state sovereignty for the same reason I didn't see various companies decisions to threaten to pull events if North Carolina didn't revoke their boys only pee with boys law.  Having a convention anywhere is a free choice after all.

I thought it was funny because Trump wants to jam a couple thousand conventioneer loons in boaters (and himself) into a room and have them cough on each other.

This is not an isolated instance, he is throwing around all kinds of threats to attack the governors.

But really it is the very public way he is attacking them from his position that is a problem, I don't think he has actually done shit yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2020, 11:51:42 PM
This is not an isolated instance, he is throwing around all kinds of threats to attack the governors.

But really it is the very public way he is attacking them from his position that is a problem, I don't think he has actually done shit yet.

I see a difference between threatening them with powers of his office vs. threatening with what is essentially a private, nongovernmental event.

Sophie Scholl

Maybe he can just go with the second place state's bid? Oh. Whoops.  ;)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Solmyr

I think everyone should do everything possible so that the GOP can have a very tightly packed, crowded convention. :goodboy:

saskganesh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2020, 06:31:04 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2020, 08:03:32 AM
Wearing a mask is surrendering to fear. Things these strong man will go to enormous length to not appear to be.

Wearing a mask is showing respect for the lives of others.  Things these strong men couldn't give a slightest shit about.

Empathy is weakness, apparently.
humans were created in their own image

Syt

Quote from: saskganesh on May 26, 2020, 06:06:13 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2020, 06:31:04 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2020, 08:03:32 AM
Wearing a mask is surrendering to fear. Things these strong man will go to enormous length to not appear to be.

Wearing a mask is showing respect for the lives of others.  Things these strong men couldn't give a slightest shit about.

Empathy is weakness, apparently.

The way I heard is that empathy is enabling the weak and therefore bad.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2020, 12:59:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2020, 11:51:42 PM

I see a difference between threatening them with powers of his office vs. threatening with what is essentially a private, nongovernmental event.

Sure there is a difference, even if it is part of the same effort.

Razgovory

God, watching the Governor of North Dakota choke up was depressing.  How the fuck did we get to this point?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2020, 06:11:35 PM
God, watching the Governor of North Dakota choke up was depressing.  How the fuck did we get to this point?

Just watched the clip - hope that notion spreads.