What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The length of its stay will be entirely dependent upon how thoroughly it is rejected in November. If it merely loses by a couple of points, they'll double-down, cry foul about stolen elections, and keep at the same tactics. If they are devastated, they will likely keep it up into 2022 to see if it was just the candidate of chaos that caused the fall or the whole, grotesque house they've built. If they're destroyed in 2022, then they might at least begin to reform, but not a second before.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Oexmelin

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2020, 07:43:24 PM
I don't think so.  Germany isn't a permanently vile place just because they had the vile Hitler as a leader.

It took WWII.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 08:32:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

State of Nevada "thinks" that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, "I think" I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

Some wacko in China just released a statement blaming everybody other than China for the Virus which has now killed hundreds of thousands of people. Please explain to this dope that it was the "incompetence of China", and nothing else, that did this mass Worldwide killing!

I just think the more Trump criticises China, the stronger the support for the party will be. 

Syt

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 20, 2020, 08:05:43 PM
I don't think so.  Germany isn't a permanently vile place just because they had the vile Hitler as a leader.

It took WWII.
[/quote]

Plus a denazification program and one or two generations to fully process that time.

Not to mention a complete reconstruction of the state's organization.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 09:48:22 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on May 20, 2020, 08:05:43 PM

It took WWII.

Plus a denazification program and one or two generations to fully process that time.

Not to mention a complete reconstruction of the state's organization.
[/quote]
Yeah. It's like the David Sedaris essay on Dutch Christmas traditions:
https://www.stnicholascenter.org/around-the-world/customs/netherlands/sedaris
Quote"Helpers," I said. "Does he have any elves?"

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but I couldn't help but feel personally insulted when Oscar denounced the very idea as grotesque and unrealistic. "Elves," he said. "They're just so silly."

The words silly and unrealistic were redefined when I learned that Saint Nicholas travels with what was consistently described as "six to eight black men." I asked several Dutch people to narrow it down, but none of them could give me an exact number. It was always "six to eight," which seems strange, seeing as they've had hundreds of years to get a decent count.

The six to eight black men were characterized as personal slaves until the mid-fifties, when the political climate changed and it was decided that instead of being slaves they were just good friends. I think history has proven that something usually comes between slavery and friendship, a period of time marked not by cookies and quiet times beside the fire but by bloodshed and mutual hostility. They have such violence in Holland, but rather than duking it out among themselves, Santa and his former slaves decided to take it out on the public. In the early years, if a child was naughty, Saint Nicholas and the six to eight black men would beat him with what Oscar described as "the small branch of a tree."
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 14, 2020, 02:12:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2020, 12:11:53 PM
You really get the feeling that Trump, with all his calls to have Obama investigated, has not really thought through what that kind of precedent could mean...

you think?

Trump does not think in terms of neutral rules that apply equally to everyone.  He simply does not grasp the concept.
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1002266261529690112
Frank Wilhoit: "Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition ...There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect." This seems increasingly true.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2020, 09:20:29 AM
I mean it has a higher risk of death and he is in at least a couple of higher risk categories :mellow: :blink:
the higher risks of death are conditional on 3 things:a) dosage.  Follow Dr Raoult prescribed treatment, and the risks are increased.b) pre-existing hearth condition.  At any dosage, it's a big no-noc) pre-existing kidney condition (diabetes, among others).  Also a big no-no.
Now, all these risks can be minimized when your doctor is less than 2 minutes away and you have access to a medical facility nearby.  Unlike the ER, Trump's doctor does not have 100 patients to look after, all of them on ventilators.  Since he ain't supposed of having neither b) or c) and I doubt they gave him 800mg a day, I'm guessing he is (nope, not gonna say it, but it did cross my mind...) relatively safe.

Also, since everyone around him is now wearing a mask, the risk of him catching covid-19 are minimized.  He'll be able to taught hydroxychloroquine as a miracle preventive cure.
That is very good for Kushner's family (or was it friend?) and some Republican donors.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 01:06:38 PM

But hey I am no constitutional scholar.
that is clearly why you fail at basic trumpian law!

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 19, 2020, 01:19:43 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2020, 12:34:55 PM
QuoteTRUMP: "We're going after Virginia, with your crazy governor, we're going after Virginia. They want to take your Second Amendment away. You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Video: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1262778194643607553

He's right, my potatoes are completely unguarded. Just sitting there in the kitchen, not a gun in sight. :(
You monster!

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 06:13:54 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2020, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2020, 09:23:28 PM
Hey at least none of my teams left for greener pastures in Oklahoma.

You better hope you never see Katmai in person.  He remembers things like this.

:D

He keeps promising to visit but never does so I think I am safe  :ph34r:
hmm... it's only a 33hrs driver from here... barely more than Miami.  I always wanted to visit the eastern seabord.  One day, I might just be the one to drop by your place!  :showoff:

viper37

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 08:32:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

State of Nevada "thinks" that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, "I think" I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

Some wacko in China just released a statement blaming everybody other than China for the Virus which has now killed hundreds of thousands of people. Please explain to this dope that it was the "incompetence of China", and nothing else, that did this mass Worldwide killing!
I just saw that.  What a weird thing to say... He's as much to blame for people dying in his country than China is...

I sure hope the Dems are taking notes.  They seem awfully silent right now.

viper37

Quote from: Zanza on May 20, 2020, 10:38:02 AM
Jared Kushner's peace plan for Israel and Palestine has failed and the Palestinians have now announced that they will no longer follow the 1993 peace accords. Who could have expects that? :o
For such a talented individual to fail, it means peace is truly impossible :(

Tamas

Since we are stuck for at least 4 more years with these presidential tweets, couldn't somebody teach him what "" marks are for?

Syt

https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1263524533581029376?s=20

QuoteTRUMP: "I tested very positively in a — in another sense. So this morning, yeah — I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning — meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it: Positively toward the negative."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.