What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Jared Kushner's peace plan for Israel and Palestine has failed and the Palestinians have now announced that they will no longer follow the 1993 peace accords. Who could have expects that? :o

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on May 20, 2020, 10:38:02 AM
Jared Kushner's peace plan for Israel and Palestine has failed and the Palestinians have now announced that they will no longer follow the 1993 peace accords. Who could have expects that? :o
This bodes well for government reform, criminal justice reform, the opioid crisis, the response to covid-19 and all of Jared's other multifarious responsibilities.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 08:32:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

State of Nevada "thinks" that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, "I think" I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections

QuoteEach State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress

When it comes to Presidential elections, the state legislatures can do pretty much whatever they want, including having no election at all and simply designating who gets the electoral votes.

However, it is probably best to keep Trump ignorant of that fact.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

If Joe wins in November then Donald and his supporters will lean heavily against these supposed "illegal" votes.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2020, 11:39:38 AM
If Joe wins in November then Donald and his supporters will lean heavily against these supposed "illegal" votes.
As will OAN once it's re-branded as the Trump News Network.
Let's bomb Russia!

PRC

It's going to be a shitstorm regardless of who wins, but yeah, if it's Biden then expect the worse from the Trump supporters not only through the post-election process but throughout his presidency. 

Sheilbh

Yeah. If he lost to Hilary I was expecting him to say it was rigged by Obama and find a way to monetise that - maybe through a news network or as host of a show on Fox. It's incredible that despite literally being President I think he'll run the same playbook if he loses this time, but instead of just Obama somehow blame Obama/the deep-state and Democratic Governors.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 20, 2020, 11:09:28 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 08:32:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/

QuoteDonald J. Trump

Public

State of Nevada "thinks" that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, "I think" I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections

QuoteEach State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress

When it comes to Presidential elections, the state legislatures can do pretty much whatever they want, including having no election at all and simply designating who gets the electoral votes.

However, it is probably best to keep Trump ignorant of that fact.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election. This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!..

@RussVought45

@MarkMeadows

@USTreasury
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

My biggest fear is that GOP will engage in brazen voter fraud, because frankly what consequences would there be for it?  If anything these three years taught us, it's that you can flout the laws with impunity as long as you can tie that to partisan goals.

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2020, 12:18:32 PM
My biggest fear is that GOP will engage in brazen voter fraud, because frankly what consequences would there be for it?  If anything these three years taught us, it's that you can flout the laws with impunity as long as you can tie that to Republican partisan goals.

FYP
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 12:03:03 PM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election. This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!..

@RussVought45

@MarkMeadows

@USTreasury

You have to pity the poor guy who has to tell Trump that Michigan's SecState only sent out absentee ballot applications, exactly as the legislature directed.  Maybe Michigan should withhold all taxes due to the Federal government if it wants to go down this Senile Old Fool path!...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I presume all those Confederate Flag guys are going to oppose Trump for his violation of the powers of states :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 20, 2020, 11:41:55 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2020, 11:39:38 AM
As will OAN once it's re-branded as the Trump News Network.

That's what I'm betting on.  Trump's vileness will become a permanent part of the American political landscape.  I'm really hoping he dies of the virus.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2020, 01:29:34 PM
I presume all those Confederate Flag guys are going to oppose Trump for his violation of the powers of states :hmm:
States only get to have STATES RAHTS when it comes to keeping people in their places. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2020, 07:40:58 PM
That's what I'm betting on.  Trump's vileness will become a permanent part of the American political landscape.
I don't think so.  Germany isn't a permanently vile place just because they had the vile Hitler as a leader.  I do think Trumpism is likely to stick around after he leaves office for a bit, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points